Cheap Mess around 4x4

Newnesie

Firstly, I'm sorry if the wrong section Mod's.

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of places to look for cheap 4x4's. Preferable under £500, as me and my bro want something to have a bit of fun with, it doesnt need to be road legal or tax'ed, but that is preferable. We live pretty much on a farm, and want to make the most of it as our old motorbike was stolen!

Any info on where to get a cheap 4x4 or any links would be helpful, Cheers B)

Tbh Id just go through the trader and see whats cheap and local. If it is going to be off road only there are loads of Discos about with enough rust to fill a swimming pool.

fair point :shades: i've gone for the 21st century approach and totally forgot about the autotrader mag's! :blush: may have to purchase one when i next venture out.

thats quality mate, one day i will have something like that

:lol:

and yeah jake normally, but i cant seem to find any :( maybe im just an ebay special or something!

First generation Kia sportage was pretty able from what I rememeber. With off road tyres, one should be quite effective. No idea how cheap they are.

Jap import Shoguns are two a penny, as are 4WD Estimas.

Prices for 4x4s at the moment will be inflated. Suzuki samurai/sj's are always worth a shout. Usually plenty of cheap ones kicking about with by tax or mot. Failing that teres usually plenty of pajero's available.

We bought a grand vitara at the start of the month and it's an awesome machine. We've deliberately been going along ungritted country lanes just for the hell of it lol