Project Loop De. Loop

gavstar88

Well I thought it was time that I made a project thread seeing as the mass of parts ive fitted and that are in my room need some indecent exposure :)

Bought the car on 30/10/10, I even went down a day early to go and get it as I was so excited.

Now Ive wanted a Lupo for about 4 years now as Ive always loved the way they look, and in that time ive more or less decided what im going to do to it.

So here goes...

Heres how the car was advertised (bought from a mate)

VOLKSWAGENLUPO2.jpg

When I got her home (all the parts bar the coilies, which got sold, were given to me taken off, if I had got it a week earlier they would have still been on lol)

SANY0118.jpg

First thing I bought the night I got the car, were these Wolfsburg Plate Surrounds.

SANY0136.jpg

And de-badged grill (bonnet recess soon got removed as it was nasty, soon to be smoothed out)

SANY0129.jpg

The custom Powerflow back box then went on, nice and hidden so I can go lower

SANY0125.jpg

My first pay day then gave way to my first ever set of coilovers :)

IMG_0979.jpg

Got those and my Mattigs fitted at the earliest available opportunity.

DSC03071.jpg

Love this pic!

DSC03082.jpg

Then I finally got round to fitting my old Kenwood flip out unit from my 206, replacing the nasty JVC piece of crap that was already in there.

I wanted all the "brain" unit of it to be hidden away, so I ran all the cabling for it back to the boot, and in the wheel well is where it shall live.

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

then decided it would look better a little lower down :P

IMG_2070.jpg

These were soon to come back from the powdercoaters...

photo4-1.jpg

photo6-1.jpg

and then the bolts were hand painted gold, these will more than likely be the last thing to go on... the last piece of the puzzle if you like ;)

photo7.jpg

My install has been an ongoing project which I now have most of the parts I need to finish..

Heres a little start to current state of finish...

Starting off - standard boot

IMG_0859.jpg

Removed the standard boot liner to use as a template

IMG_0860.jpg

Got all my measurements laid out

IMG_0874.jpg

Trial fit of the sub

IMG_0876.jpg

Trial fit of the base itself

IMG_0877.jpg

This is where its been left at the mo unfortunately, the false floor is going to be raised up to sit flush with the top of the boot where the bootlid locks in, I had some wooden raisers made up for this so all I now have to do is secure these into the bootpan, trim the false floor so it sits flush with the rear seats and cover it then its ready to go in, still undecided whether im going to use the suedette I have left over from a previous install or to use normal carpet for a more OEM+ look, we shall see :)

Hope you all like my current progress.

Other parts awaiting fitment.

Audi TT Knee rests

IMG_1022.jpg

TT Pedals (currently being powdercoated matte black.

IMG_2013.png

Headlight Protectors (will have a slight modification to them eventually

(Pic to follow)

Porsche key fob

IMG_1069.jpg

Alphasonik Powercap x2 to go with my new Alpha amp ( mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D )

IMG_1070.jpg

Doorcards - I currently dont have these as theyre having some special treatment ;) watch this space for updates :P

IMG_0001.jpg

Edited by gavstar88

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant wait for it to be finished either...but its a long way from there yet, so much other stuff to do before im truly happy.

But all will be revealed as time goes on :)

As for the powercap, Im going to have to do a bit of research into it as these Alpha ones need to be charged up before use, and Alphasonik know theyre **** when it comes to audio, my collections slowly building of their stuff but its rare that it ever comes up for sale :(

First update: I have some M3 Leather seats coming soon, will have to see how much work its gunna take me to get em fitted :P

Edited by gavstar88

• 3 weeks later...

Small Install Update

Seeing as the weather picked up a tad today I thought I'd trial fit the pieces for my install.

This is where I realised that there are some

Definite adjustments to be made...

Boot as it is

977e64eb.jpg

Raiser blocks in place

e13a2092.jpg

Board trial fit reveals some interesting issues, the sub hole I've cut is way too far back, and raising the board up also clashes with the fact that the seats are tilted, so this board will

Be scrapped, a new one purchased and new measurements taken.

As bad as having massive arch gap, this also means that the riser blocks will need to be trimmed down.

8175df7d.jpg

For the board to sit flush to the top of the bott of the boot (try saying that passed) then a massive 3.5 inches needs to be taken off the top of the blocks to get the right height.

f9cd1617.jpg

This is the blocks all measured up for chopping which I'll do next week when I can be bothered to get the table saw out

5f1efcd8.jpg

So all in all not a bad day for finding out what needs to be done.

And if anyone wants the current board of MDF I have which fits the floor of the boot perfectly then they're more than welcome to it :)

Lol your not wrong nesie :P has been ages since it's had a wash but it's so damn cold over my way and being I'll for the last few weeks hasn't helped at all.

I'm nearly all better now so the Loop will be getting some special treatment soon (snowfoam and detailing products stashed away in my room)

Have a few days off this week as my birthdays on Thursday and I intend to spend copious amounts of time on the car and nothing else :)

Watch this space...

Lol your not wrong nesie :P has been ages since it's had a wash but it's so damn cold over my way and being I'll for the last few weeks hasn't helped at all.

I'm nearly all better now so the Loop will be getting some special treatment soon (snowfoam and detailing products stashed away in my room)

Have a few days off this week as my birthdays on Thursday and I intend to spend copious amounts of time on the car and nothing else :)

Watch this space...