New Bike

Putney

My day started at 8 am with the collection of a short wheel base Ford Transit van from Bournemouth. I then drove back through the New Forest and along the coast to Hastings to collect the bike. Then Hastings back to the New Forest to drop the bike off, before dumping the van back at 530. It was a good few hundred miles in total and very tiring.. Firstly I have never driven a van before and while easy to drive they are so underpowered you spend most of the time accelerating! 1st gear is pointless and very short. I really didn't like pulling out onto round abouts, I decided it was safer to pull away in second as this didn't leave me hanging and the van didn't seem to mind. Hopefully my diesel van driving days are over because it's a nightmare.

So this year the bike is stashed at the parents so I can work in the warmth. No cold fingers for me! The room doesn't get used very much apart from xmas and as you can see is stuck in a time warp from the 80's! My dad put up a little resistance to having a bike in the house but after he saw it all neat and tidy he hasn't mentioned it since.

photo-10.jpg

photo-2-1.jpg

Spec.

2004 Carbon 749R. (Only 110 of these came to England of 500 made worldwide) quite a rare bike and as I have personally written off one there are now only 499 possible bikes!

3695 Miles

Full Engine rebuild by G-Tech

Titanium Piston, Conrods and valves.

57MM Termignoni Exhaust

Pazzo Levers

Sargent Seat

Double Bubble Screen

Carbon Hugger.

Quick Release Fuel Cap

Michelin Race Tyres.

Slipper Clutch

Ohlins Front and rear suspension

Ohlins Steering Damper

Stuff to buy.

Heat reflective foil and Exhaust wrap. The exhaust system is so fat its touching the fairing in a few places. I need to get some protection on there to stop any burn marks to the paint. There are a couple already.

untitled2.jpg

NCR titanium resets

Samco Race hoses

Power Commander

Stuff to do

Remove front forks. Send to ducati for new fork seals and a service. Left fork seal is leaking.

Fit Bucci slipper clutch

Fit Titanium NCR Clutch Cover

Fit MPL clutch slave cylinder

Fit carbon key guard

Fit carbon sprocket guard

Fit Ducati performance fork adjusters

Fit magnesium headlight bucket.

Fit R&G fork protectors

Fit Pro Grip handle bar grips

Fit bar end weights

Fit aluminum clutch and brake cylinder covers.

Fit Samco race hoses.

Fit NCR rear sets.

Fit Painted carbon tail section

Remove fairings wrap exhaust

Apply heat reflective foil on back of fairings.

Big service required at Motorapdio.

Edited by Putney

Nice looking bike...............my cousin has a similar one in his hallway as a work of art LOL.............after using it a few years and then fully restoring it. He did not have the heart to ride it after the full restore.

But he can afford to do that the nutter :lol:

Edited by Mike_M

Can't think of a better place to put it , its like a modern piece of art work , i'd rather just sit and look at than watching the tv lol