Thinking of moving on!

GtiJames

Considering selling the GTi and moving on to something with boost! Was looking at mk5 edition 30 but looks a bit too pricey to insure. Think iv settled on an R26 Megane, 2.0T 230bhp, 0-60 in 6.2. Don't think it'll have the same character as the lupo though so don't know wether to keep it for a bit but don't want the mileage to get too high and I definately want something with a bit more grunt!!

Discuss....

Sell and move on .

There are hundreds of other types of cars out there, im certain a good percentage will fit your needs and be just as fun , if not more.

The R26R will be a future classic just like the e30 m3's of old ,i'd love to have one put away for the future...

LOL

So is the Lupo GTI, much more so.

[/Removes Lupo blinkers]

Really though, asking a Lupo forum?

Specfically why I put it into the automotive chat bit, nit the lupo bit... Surely you can still have an oppinion on a non-lupo.... Even if it's negative!

Reckon it will be the R26 but will be around march time due to a very long winded story involving insurance and how they're currently in the process of reinstating 2 years of my no claims that they took off when they shouldn't have done. Gives me plenty of time to make sure it's definately what I want to do!

I love the R26R, and once again Renault have shown themselves as the only mainstream* manufacturer who have the balls to make a car like that - just like the did with the Clio V6.

Unfortunately in both cases they were financial disasters, and shows why other manufacturers don't bother - both sold badly, and they didn't sell their allotment of the R26R in the UK. Its no suprise really, you're removing the main benefits of a hot-hatch; that being the ability to be both fun when you're on your own streaking down a B-Road, then being hihgly practical when you need to move the family and the associated luggage.

If you're going to have a car with no back seats, why compromise with what is essentially a modified, FWD family car? For £20k you could have a proper, 2 seater RWD sportscar.

And I'm guessing thats how most people saw it, its how I see it, and its why you don't really see many about. I'm sure they'll become classics eventually, but I can't see them retaining high residuals, despite EVO's huge praise of them.

Gotta be worth a test drive though - performance cars are great for being unjustifiable financial purchases, so if you like one, just buy it. You can always buy another GTi!

*When I say mainstream, I'm excluding the likes of Porsche/Lambo/Ferrari who consistently churn out mad specials

Yeah, that will make it much easier to repair. Worth it though for those boring nights down the pub.

But it will help resale as it was one of the extras , and everybody usually wants top spec .