Will a 6'3" man fit in a Lupo?

voteforpedro

So here's the crack. I've driven an Audi for the past 4 years. I crashed my first one this summer and took it to bits and sold it on eBay (like you do). I bought a B5 1.8TQS just three weeks ago but my renewal is due and fully-comp quotes are coming in at circa £2k, due to my claim. :(

So I've begrudgingly decided to part with her in favour of something a little cheaper to insure... Hello Lupo!

I've always loved the Lupo. Had my eye on the 1.4 16v Sport (100PS) or possibly the 1.4 TDI. Can't afford the GTI. How someone can go from driving an 180bhp beast to not being able to insure a 1.6 Lupo in just 3 days I'm not sure, but that's life eh?

Anyway... the burning question is, will my 6'3" frame fit in a Lupo? I'm not very fat (like 11 stone - underweight) but I don't want my knees sticking out of the window!

Thanks.

Yes you'll fit no problem!

The person sitting in the back won't have much legroom but you certainly won't feel cramped. The lupo has quite a low seating position as standard so there's plenty of headroom which makes it feel very spacious.

And before anyone says it, I know I'm a shortarse but there's plenty of giants on here that manage fine.

Yea Marcus is 6'6' i think, and he fits in fine :)

I can stand up in mine.

Sure Can, but im starting to find the seating position too high... I'll get some mk4 recaro's soon as they sit nice and low.

One mod i did have to make though was to swap to drinks holder and coin tray around so i could have the drinks tray open and still use the clutch!!

Oh and you'll be suprised by the 100bhp, its quite a fun/quick (for what it is) car! few handling mods and its great on the country roads :P

More like 66' the lanky bugger :lol:

f you short arse :lol:

Edited by marcusgrant

I'm 5ft and struggle to reach the pedals...

Same problem here! I don't want to have the seat too close to the steering wheel but it's the only way I can reach to get the clutch all the way down...

Worryingly, when I saw the topic title my first thought was "No, you'll never fit him in the boot".