Lupo GTi Vs C2 VTR/GT/VTS

Adam

hello every1, i was just wondering how these 3 cars vary against the lupo gti on the road (performance wise). is there much in it to `60-70mph`? according to parkers the vts does `0-60` in 8.3 which is the same as the lupo gti, but i read on autocar that there was a noticeable difference. has anybody had any encounters with any of them?

Cheers

you should win any races but as they have similar power they could catch you out, either way you'd not pull out much more than a second or two up to 60 which doesn't equate to much on the road.

My bird has a C2 VTR. It's a nice car and I like it (apart from when it broke down, I had to push it up a hill and we then had to wait hours in the cold to be recovered!)

It is nippy, and good for her, as she isn't arsed about performance etc. It's just a nice little girl's car. If you want to talk speed, it is not half as quick as my old car - the "revvy" Lupo sport 16V. My main issue with it is the paddle gear changes. It is a waste of time completely, a mere gadget. You change gear, have a cup of tea and then accelerate again. I would imagine that if the VTS has the same system (??) that is rubbish too.

To summarise, get a Lupo GTI or the sport at least (not a massive difference anyway!). Nuff said.

i was wondering all this as my mate has just bought a dark red VTR and i think he wanted a manual box, but he also wanted the toys, so a GT was out of the question and the VTS was too expensive new, it is a pity though, because it would appeal to a lot more people with the choice of manual or not. ill just have to see how quick his actually is once he has ran it in. :wink:

so are these paddle shifts any good on the VTRs? and are they really as bad as everybody says? i can imagine them being great around the city, but if your giving it a bit of stick i think the gear change may be a bit jolty? or slow?

ouch, that box will probably be good when you first get it, but i can imagine the novelty wearing off. apparently they have got a `semi-automatic` gear stick as well that you can push up or down. they may be better?

I had a C3 rental car for a week with that gear box and hated it, I ended up leaving it places and walking or getting a taxi laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

When I test drove the VTR I forgot just how bad it was, as Dave_M said, there is monumental lag in the gear change time which is a shame as the engine revs away nicely and is just spoiled by the gearbox, a bit like the Aston Vanquish I suppose.

The GT on the other hand is a 'good' car. Cheap, quick, manual gearbox, light ok it doesn't have the toys but if you want a luxury car then buy a luxury car not a hot hatch.

Haven't driven a VTS yet but I can't see how you can justify spending almost £4k more on it than a GT for not much else.

Sorry to run off topic a bit but if you are in the right gear and in a GTi then you will blitz the VTR due to the gearbox and will probably be on par with a well driven GT and VTS, maybe just nipping both.

yeah youve seen it a thousand times on top gear and stuff, the flappy paddles are pretty poor.

one thing to remember is, they have them on ferarris and stuff but even then it doesnt get the vote. so if they cant get them right, theres no chance that the citroen is gonna be any good!

Clearly they get them right for F1 but getting them right for using every day for 10 years is the tricky part.

I'd hather have DSG anyway

Adam, if you want first hand knowledge of the VTS, EssexC2VTS is your man. He had a VTR then chopped it in for an S and even though he lost a bit of money on it, he seemed pretty glad he did. That box in the R is beyond rubbish, it makes the Smarts look fast shifting.

As for performance. GTi v VTS is probably fairly similar. But the GTi would certainly see off a VTR.

cheers for the info lads, well im not one for racing but i do enjoy a good blast through the gears every now and again (dont we all?!) , so if i come across one ill see what happens!