Are the population of the uk getting lazy?

scotty_82

We are the most obese nation in europe, and I think in the top 5 in the world, thats a shocking statistic. Is the fast food generation just getting lazy in more ways though, how many times do we get questions on this forum asking for information which is easily available on the internet, which technically is the biggest easily used storage of information that has ever been created. Not only that but the boffins at google etc created a lightening quick search engine for this library. Why are people so unable to find info, try and digest it then go on to ask other people questions after that?

It totally baffles me how there is almost a stream across forums of there type of questions. Anyone care to discuss !

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in fact we are second in the world to the good old U S of A for fatty bum bums. I'm at risk of becoming one after my 13-item Sunday dinner.

But I think you're right, the population is getting lazy, expects someone else to carry them through life and expects everything NOW. Even 10 years ago, we were happy to let something take a day or two to arrive in the post, have a day to reply to an email, not have work phone us while we were on holiday and maybe even look after our own lives.

These days, scrotes are happy to let The State take care of all their ills without so much as a thank you (including the afore mentionned forum Q's when many can be answered in a Google), someone sends an email or PM and then questions why it's not been replied to that instant, adverts get bumped within the day. All from the comfort of a mauve settee on credit from DFS or Bright House.

On my holidays to France this summer, I don't recall eating anything pre-done out of a tin or packet, it was all freshly made and I felt better for it. Sadly, the quality of fresh ingredients isn't available in our supermarkets like it is there because we are told by their marketing department what size our produce needs to be in order for it to be appetizing on the shelf. What ****. I'd rather have a pepper that is malformed but full of flavour than the incipid offerings we get here. Leeks in ASDA this weekend were £2.30 a kilo, WTF??? It's cheaper to be a lard arse and that's where it's all wrong and it's been brought about by supermarket marketing and pricing policies. The people who are best able to make a meal from scratch are those that are at home all day on the dole. If fresh ingredients were cheaper than processed ones, they might be incentivised to get cooking. Get Jamie Oliver on that one.

I honestly think it does come back again to lazyness.

I agree food prices have risen, but most people think a fresh meal is bernard matthews cheesy hamwiches with beans and oven chip's as they haven't a clue how to cook (even though there are thousands and thousands of recipe's online) or what is technically bad for them. Plus I bet alot of people wouldn't even for a walk to keep fit nevermind working up a sweat lol

I try never to take the piss out of a well worded question where the op has genuinely tried first and then asked to make sure. ' what colour should I paint my wheels' questions boil my urine though. Personally i'd like to see **** community based jobs be done in return for benefits , litter picking, cleaning, anything simple that can get this country back on track.

I try never to take the piss out of a well worded question where the op has genuinely tried first and then asked to make sure. ' what colour should I paint my wheels' questions boil my urine though. Personally i'd like to see **** community based jobs be done in return for benefits , litter picking, cleaning, anything simple that can get this country back on track.

I agree with that, They should work for their benefits. They might then appreciate what all of us tax payers have to do to get up and earn a living. and to then have a large sum taken out of each pay packet so they can sit on their fat arses. I wouldnt mind but people who dont work have more things than people who work.

This is why I support a return to 12 months National Service for 16-22 year olds, but without the risk of getting shot. There's no excuse for this age group to need the time, many find a year to gain valuable life experience sponging off their parents while getting pissed up in some foreign country.

Open up the occupations to Military, Emergency Service, Health and Social care, local authority work. Pay the minimum wage and get some experience dished out as well as filling some posts that would free up time for those in more vital roles to do their jobs properly.

Why have poor contract cleaners in hospitals costing £loads, when National Service people could do just as poor a job (ideally better) for less? Police paperwork, street cleaning etc. These aren't menial jobs, but are overlooked and set the stall out for how we see our daily environment. If it's cleaner and looks better, or gives a Copper more time to chase down some criminal ass, we'll all feel better for it.

Drug and drink abusers should be on a strike system, you screw up and you loose benefits. Why should my tax pay for their nhs costs and everything associated with them

Lol

I have a child, My ex works part time (due to the little one) and I work full time, and i must say the benefits we get are quite good, I wouldnt say they cover the full cost but its near enough. Obviously excluding clothes and stuff.

The benefits system does work well for some and not for others, as does the tax credit system. There are families like Chris who go out to work and have their income topped up a bit which is fine by me, but there are those that are seemingly well rewarded simply for breeding their way through the system and that is wrong.

Here's a good example of life's wasters

I used to work every saturday at the local garden centre 9-6.. so 8 hours on the shop floor

I got £4.35 an hour being 16... which totalled to £151.xx a month

I could have got £40 a week on the dole and had more money! and wouldn't have to do anything on a saturday!

I'm sure we could get them to be our bin men ?

Litter pick etc.

stoopid government

I had to stop when we moved from the ghetto (Shaw) to Garstang farmerland. I went collecting eggs for £6 a morning, then got a job stacking shelves at Lo-Cost. That's when I had the funds to pimp out my 100A with new carpet and a cassette player.

When I was 16 (last year) I got myself the worst possible job ever (mcdonalds..) but the pay was good at 4.35. Worked every weekend and evenings sometimes. From that I managed to get my Arosa and insurance. Right p!sses me off when I see mummy and daddys lads who s parents have bought them a new fiesta, corsa or clio and paied for the insurance and dont have a job. Then have the right to say my car is ****. Most of the younger generation in england would rather go get drunk than do anything for them selfs.

I agree, I think people of the UK are lazy these days. They just expect everything to be handed out by the government. This latest suggestion of paying people to lose weight is rediculous. I do wonder why I bother looking after myself sometimes. I eat the right things, I go to the gym 3/4 times a week, I walk to work when I can. I have a job, I get raped by the government in taxes on everything I buy. I expect nothing back. Just pisses me off that people can sit about on their arse watching their 50" plasma tv's and full sky package, smoking & drinking and watching Jeremy Kyle all day - oh and get paid for it, and probably somehow claim a brand new car every couple of years on motability cos they are too fat.

Ok I admit I do a fair bit of binge drinking, and I'm pretty sure that at some point in my life its going to catch up with me and I'll need to use the health service in some way, but I've been paying tax since the age of 17 so why shouldn't I be allowed to?

this thread has turned into look how young i worked/how perfect a uk citizen i am by paying my taxes,what a crock of ****..

im not condoning what some of these people do but hell i wouldnt work all week knocking my pan in for minimum wage when i camn sit in the house "watching my 50" plasma" if i could get more on benefits...

i couldnt give a rats ass how much you look an outstanding member of the community you do what you can to get the most cash in your back packet at the end of the day and if for some people thats benefits or a job then thats entirely upto them...theyre not gonna change by some folk complaining on an internet forum or down the pub or whatever

Would you condone someone stealing your car and selling it on as its how they get money in their back pocket to get by ???

Just a bit of devils advocate.

Lawfully getting them is ok , but the ones who frig the system to live in 500k houses for their 8 kids just because they cant use protection or haven't worked out how to use a tv yet boil my piss when genuine people are saving for extortionate house deposits before a company will even consider giving them the money to buy outright.

If your claiming disability how the hell do you manage to get your leg over so many times to produce kids so often , and if you cant afford to house them yourself reasonably then why have them.