Xbox 360 Steering Wheel

JamesU

Thinking of buying one ready for F1 2010! And to use on forza 3 for a bit.

But its a lot of money to just throw at something, so has anyone actually got one or used one at a friends?

This is the one im on about:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5669116/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7Ccat_15701470%7CXbox+360%7C14419847.htm?_$ja=tsid:11527%7Ccc:%7Cprd:5669116%7Ccat:video+games+%3E+xbox+360+%3E+xbox+360+accessories

It's been a fair while since I've used a steering wheel on a console. Are they any better now than they previously were?

I often found it more difficult to drive on racing games using a steering wheel than it was just to use the controller. :(

The force feedback is pretty awesome.

Like four other people I know, we all bought one, played Forza to death then fenced them both on the bay.

A short term novelty, the only controller you need is plastic and guitar shaped.

The force feedback is pretty awesome.

Like four other people I know, we all bought one, played Forza to death then fenced them both on the bay.

A short term novelty, the only controller you need is plastic and guitar shaped.

Don't you struggle to drive with a guitar shaped controller? lol

Ah cool, i guess ill be getting one.

Force feedback seemed pretty good in reviews, only thing that marked it down was when it says wireless but comes with a wire to plug it in the socket...i wouldnt want to run it off batterys either.

Gonna bash it on forza tomorrow, should be good fun.

Cheapest i can find them is £64.99 at Gamestation, any other shops that would be in town do them any cheaper?

I love mine James

Well worth the money B)

Fun fun fun

make sure you have a table a suitable height to use it with, and a floor where the pedals won't slip around.

it's incredibly frustrating to use if it's too high, and the pedals really could do with being heavier so they don't move around on the floor.

I had one for the PS1 when i was about 9, dad made me a little box enclosure as he's a self employed Joiner/Carpenter - i loved it, if worse comes to worse ill just use my old one as a template but make everything bigger.

But i do have my PC Desk, and i have wood flooring - but i have a large mat at the side of my bed that can be moved to here so stop it slipping!

Eek! Im excited now haha!

Buy a Fanatec... If you live in Oxford. 300+ quid for a steering wheel is a joke.

Best games are Dirt and Dirt 2, Forza is sucky with the wheel as its alot of flat long surfaces. Dirt gives you a work out.

Codies making F1 only makes it a better prospect.

Grid is too Arcadey for the wheel, Forza is too boring with the slower cars, literally use it for the Dirt series and you cant go wrong.

And the G25 can be used with PS and PC though cant it which makes value for money to use with Live for Speed etc. Although think the Fanatec does PC too not sure. Not worth the pricetag though on the Fanny.

Cant wait for F1, we all need a Club Lupo championship lol

Im banned from live as they figured out i get games for £3 :(

But the wheel is ace, ive tried to get my dad interested in the xbox for a long long long time, he went on forza ages ago with the pad and got bored after 5 mins.

He's just used my wheel for about half hour around Silverstone - and only got off when my mum shouted that his tea is going cold lol.

May get Dirt, sounds good fun.