Fuel saver?

jabbles21

Hello from portugal

Don't bother in buying that.Some of the several fuel savers sold online are cheats. Lot of plastic and beautiful package but zero efects. The real fuel saver are neodymium magnets so strong that one normal person can't separate them. The difference is the price.I have one in my car so I can tell you the reality.

You are able to see less smoke on your exaust and the saving in fuel is of 33cl for each 100km driven.

In Portugal I bought mine for 100€ and but my calculations I have already profit wih the purchase.

The pack contains three magnets. One is placed in the metal box of the diesel filter the other two are placed arround the rubber pipe that sends the diesel to the engine.

DSC02599.jpg

Here is an image of my fuel saver in my Lupo

If you think about that I can send you one.

Regards

Skobalpinista

Edited by Skobalpinista

Just dont floor it everywhere? The less you press on the pedal the less fuel ur using, ur still getting from A to B theres no point spending to save fuel mate. You can use stuff like injector cleaner and all that to clean the fuel system out which will improve only slightly.

I have fitted a sail to the roof of my Altea. It's saving me about 80% of my normal fuel consumption, but other road users hate it when I tack across them on my way home.

Edited by IDGM

I repeat they don't save what they promisse but they save that quantity I have told you.

Keep on sailing i keep on saving my coke can on every 100km's. It was a risk I took but now I don't regret.

ATTENTION: I understand all your jokes about this , my friends think the same and I did too

:shades:

The Environmental Protection Agency did a massive study into all fuel saving devices, they found that fuel line devices such as magnets offered zero saving on fuel. Not even a minute difference.

The specific devices relevant to this thread...

Fuel Line Devices (magnets):

These magnetic devices, clamped to the outside of the fuel line or installed in the fuel line, claim to change the molecular structure of gasoline.

The EPA has evaluated: PETRO-MIZER; POLARION-X; Super-Mag Fuel Extender; Wickliff Polarizer [fuel line magnet/intake air magnet.]

Furthermore

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has evaluated or tested more than 100 alleged gas-saving devices and has not found any product that significantly improves gas mileage. In fact, some "gas-saving" products may damage a car's engine or cause substantial increases in exhaust emissions.

Source: http://autorepair.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/aa022203a.htm

Case closed.

Edited by Very Yellow Fellow

The Environmental Protection Agency did a massive study into all fuel saving devices, they found that fuel line devices such as magnets offered zero saving on fuel. Not even a minute difference.

The specific devices relevant to this thread...

Furthermore

Source: http://autorepair.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/aa022203a.htm

Case closed.

Yeah, now show me a link on the EPA website to prove those claims!

Magnets cannot alter the molecular structure of fuel. The molecules in petrol are Carbon and Hydrogen... neither of these are magnetically active. The only thing I can see this magnet doing squeezing the fuel line and restricting flow and sucking any metal fragments towards it and blocking your fuel lines, however you have a fuel filter to remove contaminants for you.

Your argument is fundamentally flawed by your lack of chemistry knowledge!

Edited by treblet

Yeah, now show me a link on the EPA website to prove those claims!

Magnets cannot alter the molecular structure of fuel. The molecules in petrol are Carbon and Hydrogen... neither of these are magnetically active. The only thing I can see this magnet doing squeezing the fuel line and restricting flow and sucking any metal fragments towards it and blocking your fuel lines, however you have a fuel filter to remove contaminants for you.

Your argument is fundamentally flawed by your lack of chemistry knowledge!

??? My argument is fine, I was saying that they are all **** also......Did you even read what I had written?

My apologies, I thought you were a disillusional Portuguese man! :rolleyes:

This line is quiet interesting...

However, the baseline retests after mileage accumulation (immediately after removing the device) indicated that any improvement in the fuel-economy value was not due to effects of the device. Had the device any effect at all, it would have been observed if baseline retests after mileage accumulation matched the original baseline tests. This was not the case. There is no cost savings realized from device ownership from fuel economy effects since EPA testing demonstrated no statistical fuel economy benefits.

Edited by treblet

Not sure what is worse, delusional or Portuguese

(jokes, I love Portuguese)

It is all a bit odd, there is tons of data on the EPA site, basically it all points to 99.9% of devices that claim to save fuel don't.

The best fuel saving comes through a well maintained car and tyres as well as careful driving...as pg30 of this document shows some interesting facts http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/FEG2010.pdf