KW V1 Inox adjustment help

ok so ive got KW V1 Inox coilies on my Gti, my friend at a garage put em on and i am (well was) happy with the set up, but after a while of driving with them i am getting more and more conscious of how low it is at the front. I am forever scraping on stuff and im scuffing the crap out of my splash panel under the engine. Does anyone else have this issue? this is on speed bumps by the way. Im also getting some tire scrubbage when turning corners when going down into dips which just irritates me a bit. Im running 15" rims with 45 profile proxes so is anyone else with these coilies on a Gti getting these issues with height. The front splitter is like just over an inch off the ground, i asked him if he could take the front up just a little bit but he told me that the coilovers are set as high as they will go on the front??? Is this true and what are my options, i'll try and find a pic that shows how low the front is. Help needed and appreciated.

DSC_0905.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0902.jpg

If you're low, you're gonna scrape.

Undertray doesn't matter.

Arch scrubbage is more to do with offset.

Your splitter is more than an inch off the ground.

The coilies will go higher.

Raise the front yourself! and while you are at it, drop the rear a bit? might help a v small amount to lift the nose a smidge.

Raise the front yourself! and while you are at it, drop the rear a bit? might help a v small amount to lift the nose a smidge.

If you dont know what your talking about then dont say anything!

the back is being dropped a little bit more and he is adamant about the front so will have to take a look myself, or consider what the fk he's done when fitting them if this is as high as it goes.

If you dont know what your talking about then dont say anything!

HAHAHA... good one. The nose is in front of the front wheels, thus, lowering behind the front wheels (the rear coilovers) will bring the nose up... a VERY little amount obviously due to the pivot angle but it could help and needs doing anyway! Makes sense.

Foxy - Don't bother posting if you have nothing to say to help the lad.

Edited by crash

HAHAHA... good one. The nose is in front of the front wheels, thus, lowering behind the front wheels (the rear coilovers) will bring the nose up... a VERY little amount obviously due to the pivot angle but it could help and needs doing anyway! Makes sense.

Foxy - Don't bother posting if you have nothing to say to help the lad.

You obviously dont understand what effect raising the front and lowering the rear will have on both handling and looks. And quite frankly i cant be bothered to explain

@ hunid-brake, there is a huge amount of adjustment in those coilovers. So like others have said, take the wheels off and crank them up or take it to somebody who knows what they are looking at.

Looking at the photo's you have posted the car is extremely low. The rears look as though they are ALL the way down, and the fronts will be approx 1 - 1/12 inch from the bottom.

If when you take the wheels off you find they are almost to the top, then you have been supplied with the wrong coilovers, do you still have the box or purchase invoice? you need to know weather they are for 6x or 6ES!

Is that helpful enough for you Crash?

You obviously dont understand what effect raising the front and lowering the rear will have on both handling and looks. And quite frankly i cant be bothered to explain

@ hunid-brake, there is a huge amount of adjustment in those coilovers. So like others have said, take the wheels off and crank them up or take it to somebody who knows what they are looking at.

Looking at the photo's you have posted the car is extremely low. The rears look as though they are ALL the way down, and the fronts will be approx 1 - 1/12 inch from the bottom.

If when you take the wheels off you find they are almost to the top, then you have been supplied with the wrong coilovers, do you still have the box or purchase invoice? you need to know weather they are for 6x or 6ES!

Is that helpful enough for you Crash?

Raising the front and lowering the rear will 1) make it look better :D and 2) give better weight distribution, obviously not much as the car is so light and all the weight is clearly at the front over the front wheels.

Foxy - yes, that was MUCH more helpful well done.

Raising the front and lowering the rear will 1) make it look better :D and 2) give better weight distribution, obviously not much as the car is so light and all the weight is clearly at the front over the front wheels.

And give you really crap looking reverse rake.

Don't bother lowering the rear further, just raise the front up. Nothing on the rear of a Lupo will catch because they are such short cars and have practically no overhang beyond the back wheels.

And proving my point yet again that you have no idea what your talking about

And proving my point yet again that you have no idea what your talking about

Oh yeah, my mistake. I forgot the engine is at the back. :lol:

Hunid - you got it sorted now mate?

Nope not yet, I'm in the middle of a crisis in my life which is unrelated and I'm moving house. I bought the coilovers from kamracing so I hope they are right. Would they have even fit on if they weren't the correct ones? I will take a look when the car is back in my custody or I guess I will just have to live with it. I don't have the box anymore and doubt I have the invoice. Can look I spose. Thanks for all your help.

Just jack the car up, you dont need to remove the wheel, aslong as the wheel is off the ground there is plenty of space to adjust it. There KW's so they should adjust by hand still.

Mark a black line on the coilover adjuster as it is now so its facing you, then you know exactly how far to wind it up/down, give the adjuster a bit of WD40 and let is soak for a bit. Undo the grub screw if you have it locked (I dont on mine) Then just look at the threads and turn the adjuster ring by hand so you move it up the threads, Try 2 complete turns and see how it looks, remember to give it time to settle.

John