Suspension question

DrPye

Ok ive recently come into some mk4 golf front coilovers, I was wondering if id be able to fit these to my arosa. Ive had the idea of chopping the bottom off my old struts and the mk4 and welding the arosa bottom to the strut! Unless the golf one fits straight on!

Any ideas guys?

Have you seen what happens when you weld a shock absorber?

No?

Give it a go yourself, I doubt you'll be able to fit them afterwards though!

Why do you think they make coilovers for Golf's and coilovers for Lupo's and Arosa's... Think about that one!

Edited by treblet

You seriously want to run home welded shocks?

The spring and rebound rate will be completly wrong as the wieghts of the cars are miles off.

The car will ride like **** and then you'll end up with the font of the car on the deck and a ****ed front end.

You could trade your car for a mk4 golf , then they would fit .

Problem solved from thinking outside the box.

No need to thank me either

Edited by scotty_82

Lmao, mk4 suspension onto an Arosa? Have you thought that mabey you should try and see for yourself?

No one will be able to tell you because people usually get the right suspension parts.

This forum is very helpfull if you ask sensible questions and dont kick off after the first reply.

I have had many a question answered well, even stupid things like how to fit a cd player.

Unfortunately the front struts on the Mk4 Golf have a completely different setup to that on the Arosa.

The Arosa's mounting points are more similar to that of a Mk2 golf with a Two bolt mounting for the Hub.

As for the Mk4 golf, this uses a 'drop in' type fitment.

Tell you what.

Do it, go ahead.

And when it collapses you'll only have yourself to blame.

If you have an accident, hurt someone - the suspension wasnt approved so your insurance will throw the book at you.

Go for it.

Unfortunately the front struts on the Mk4 Golf have a completely different setup to that on the Arosa.

The Arosa's mounting points are more similar to that of a Mk2 golf with a Two bolt mounting for the Hub.

As for the Mk4 golf, this uses a 'drop in' type fitment.

Thank you Al. A sensible answer at last. Now stop bitching at the new guy or I'll tell Nicki on you.