lupo body kit

lupo_1.0

i have seen two body kits that i like. (well the arches anyway)

if i got one of the how hard will they be to fit and how hard will they be to remove?

and aso when the windows get tinted (flim) how hard is it to remove them?

norm_16_vw_lupo.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Vag_043.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

cheer

chris

ive had to `de-tint` my front windows as got done two weeks in a row, same guys both times fully tested em etc, they wanted me to take care back to them to prove so getting a mot stamp wasnt anyuse, I took my front ones off there and then took me about 20mins to 30mins to do a sun strip and front widows, its just a case of keeping it tight and pulling as close to window as possible and slow to prevent tearing, only time mines left any sticky parts was when i teared it a little but polished it off, so its nothing major.

As with the kit i looked at it for mines but didnt go for it as liked gti lights setup and didnt feel the kit would be hard enough and durable enough for me, its going to prob be silicone and possible some screws here and there so could be a ****** to remove as though it never was there, why remove the kit anyway?

Ive no chance putting the bodywork on mines back to standard ever again, would be easier to buy a new standard shell lol

Skirts will prob be screw on or probably rivets so some little holes to fill in, I riveted mines on then got em flushed with front wings as had to make up someone off sills, but wont go into that lol

i want to remove the kit so when i come to sell it. iam not keeping it for long maybe about a year until i can afford a bigger engine size.

and when i come to sell it i think it will put some people of if the cars got tints and wide arches. (ie older people.) which means it will narrow who i sell it to.

just a thought mate, but why don't u save your money till nrxt year and spent it on the car u really want?? i know u wanna mod this one but whats the point when its gonna increase you insurance costs and u r gonna be taking it off anyway in a year!! just my 2 p's worth!

What u want to do baffles me! Y go to that expence and then change it in a year?

What model do u want next though? If u just want a 16v, get some alloys and some 'overs now, so you can just swap them when u change. But if u must, super Lupo's got the Konigreder kit so ask him about work etc, but i think he said the front arches dont exist and he used Golf 4 ones. A mate of mine ordered a JE designs kit for his Loen and to say the kit was poor was an understatement, but wheather he was just unlucky?

if ur wanting gti why not buy bits that will fit either standard lupo as well as gti, obviously this will be limited though but things like rear lights, interior ice etc as these are all straight foward changes which u can take to a gti later.

The top kit i know costs a damn fortune and je design i think will still be a lot so end of day ud need to sell the kit on probably blowing lotsa cash on it, cause the kit wont fit the gti, I know this only too well as ive remodled my whole shell to gti spec including lotsa fittings and one of bits behind the bumpers etc.

If u kit out a car and get a feature then youve a good chance of selling it on for ok money, theres always someone with a rich daddy willing to buy one for a bday present.

Ive a mate that does his golfs up gets features in mags then sells em right away and hes even made profit from it.

Mines has two mag shoots lined up and a few shows so hopefully this will kinda increase my resale at a later date but to be honest i think ill be keeping it for ages, my points r due to drop of so may try for a evo, as its closest thing to my hire car id in florida, it was a convertible mitsi spyder eclipse 3 litre v6 in silver just like the one in two fast too furious, if i get the evo the lupo would be a second car

i have the arches from the top kit [konigsedder] on mine.. if you want them on your car then you have to have the front arches from the mk4 golf because although they sell the kit for the lupo the moulds for the lupo front arches dont exist due to lack of demand for the kit... the konigsedder kit is FUKING expensive!!!! it cost me waaaaaay over a grand to buy the arches and have them fitted only to find out when i get it back from the body shop that it looks crap.. hence the reason that when the engine is done it's goin back into the body shop to spend another grand or so havin them removed. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> avoid all stick on fiberglass arches because they literally just shatter if somthin hits them. not worth the time and money IMO and that is speaking from experience too. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

hope i helped.

• 2 weeks later...
What u want to do baffles me! Y go to that expence and then change it in a year?

What model do u want next though? If u just want a 16v, get some alloys and some 'overs now, so you can just swap them when u change. But if u must, super Lupo's got the Konigreder kit so ask him about work etc, but i think he said the front arches dont exist and he used Golf 4 ones. A mate of mine ordered a JE designs kit for his Loen and to say the kit was poor was an understatement, but wheather he was just unlucky?

I nearly got the JE kit fitted into my wifes Lupo whilst it was receiving its new engine.. The advise form JBS was avoid it as the kit was abysnal quality and would take hours and hours (read money) to "make" it fit ok. Never again on JE glass fibre kit for him.

shame as I fancied a hard looking lupo with wide track.. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

cheers for the help guys. i have know changed my mine when i saw the cost.lol i think i will just try to keep it low key for the mo..

but i have been offered a raddo VR6 engine for very very cheap in allworking order. (the engine is from a PVW show car)

but will it fit and how much work. i have been told it can but will have to have some changes to fit...

chris

Dub Sport ftted one a couple of years back.

It went in, but wasnt very sucessful.

A 1.8T is arguably a little heavy for a Lupo, as is a 1.6 so fitting a VR6 Lump just doesnt make any sense to me.

It'll handle like Hummer.

No it because the GTi needed to be able to go round corners fast so they fitted the battory in the boot for better weight distribution.

Mine and yours doesnt need to go round corners quickly so it was never an issue tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> hehe

• 4 weeks later...