Murderation Station

mk1_polo

ive always had a soft spot for black arosa's, couldn't stop myself from getting one a few years back. awesome little car.

yours is looking cool on the porsche wheels, love the matte paint, think it makes them stand out but not, if you get what i mean :wacko:

more pics! we only have side shots and its dirty :P

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive always had a soft spot for black arosa's, couldn't stop myself from getting one a few years back. awesome little car.

yours is looking cool on the porsche wheels, love the matte paint, think it makes them stand out but not, if you get what i mean :wacko:

more pics! we only have side shots and its dirty :P

I know exactly what you mean :shades: I loved the wheels when they were polished but I neglected them over the winter, didn't really care for them at all and they ended up looking a bit dull. Moving away from anything polished/chrome now, I'm currently into keeping it subtle and moody looking.

better pics on the way :)

right... my TA technix coils have started leaking on the rear shocks. Dont see the point in spending big money on coilover kits (KW etc) as none of them seem to go especially low on the rear, whether you spend £200 or £700 for arosa/lupos, so Im considering air.

has anyone on here got airride on their arosa/lupo? what kits are you running? where from/how much? any issues? reliability? lowness? chassis mods etc...

I remember a red Arosa on air from ages ago, think it was featured in PVW.

any advice would be great, thank you

awsome!! Will be great to see it done, maybe the 1 out of only 2 arosa's on air in the UK?

I cant think of a Lupo on air in the UK?.. i know there's a GTI, but not sure about a standard bodied one!

awsome!! Will be great to see it done, maybe the 1 out of only 2 arosa's on air in the UK?

I cant think of a Lupo on air in the UK?.. i know there's a GTI, but not sure about a standard bodied one!

there certainly aren't many of them around, apparently there's a red GTi on Rayvern and I remember that red diesel arosa on air that was featured in PVW a few years back.

• 5 months later...

lets go back to the start...

"my

this is what I drove before I got the Arosa. 1981 mk1 polo, 895cc engine (37bhp :blush: ) purchased from Gregg who used to work at PVW. great little car, had some custom Gaz coilovers made for it which brought it down to earth, never enough for my liking though. quality kit but VERY firm ride, proper bone shaker. rolled on mirror polished P-Slots wrapped in 175/50 pirelli P5000 tyres.

"my

displayed at E38 in 2008.

"cleaned

check the rollcage :lol: bought it off HotTuning website, it was for a mk1 golf.... so I did a few calculations (which basically means I thought a mk1 polo would be roughly the same size/shape inside as a mk1 golf) and ordered it. it arrived, I did a quick trial fit :( and quickly realised that some major cutting and shutting would be required. I ended up hacking it into pieces and it still was nowhere near fitting the polo. so it spent its time in the car held together with parcel tape (safety first kids :o ) until I eventually ripped it out, took it to the local scrappy... and got £4 for it.

"pslot6"

wheels B) polished by PureKlas in Coventry, along with a set of super rare Italian spec Pirelli alloy centre caps. would have looked awesome properly spaced/cambered but I never got round to it on this car.

what the hell?! why arent my pics working anymore? Im copying/pasting the link from flickr but this ^ is all Im getting now :huh: can anyone advise me??

Edited by mk1_polo

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure the subframe is resting on the floor though.

and the wheels are touching the tops of the inner arches outback,

Only get lower with smaller wheels (which looks s****crap)

Or by tubbing out the rear and front arches.

Then again.. it's hardly driven at that height ;):coffee: *cough* stay static *cough*

Edited by Jowey

you're pasting the pictures as HTML and the forum only supports HTML code if you use the drop down box marked 'other styles' and select HTML.

otherwise put [ i m g ] urlhere [ / i m g ](without those spaces)

Awesome car.

Edited by Jowey

Looks to me like its touching the floor!! ;)

Sort the rear out and I'll be impressed ;)

:lol:

it cant really go any lower on the back without seriously major work. its on 16s with 165/40s and the wheels f&r both wedge into the arches on full drop. its already had deep tubular cups welded into the rear beam where the shocks mount, which takes it a couple of inches lower, and it's on extra short Gaz rear dampers. the guys at Havair put a lot of extra work into getting the rear down this much. dont judge it from this photo, its a lot lower than it looks here. the exhaust/suspension arms hit the floor on full drop. as stated above, tubbing the arches and smaller wheels would be the only real solution. when i finally track down some 8" rears and get some camber sorted, the arches will squeeze tightly into the tyre/wheel lip anyway, which is what i hoped for, and the front is fully tucked with the front bumper only about 8mm off the tarmac. Im happy with it as it is, and it will look pretty fresh when everything is done.

thanks for showing me what to do with the pics, i struggle when it comes to computers :wacko: