How annoying is it when .........

RallyeBaz

nonono... the cupholders don't occupy any din slots on the GTI, this was the case on earlier pre GTI models.

The two holes I was talking about are screwholes which hold the cupholders on - I assume your switches/mirror adjuster are down below the heater controls?

Feel below the bit which holds your radio/cd player, if there's nothing there there'll probably be two bolt/screwholes, one either side.

The thing that annoys me most, and the guy I share a lift to work with does this, is:

1) Opening the doors to the fullest extent on a windy day and not keeping hold of them while they get in the car OR

2) Doing the above while you're parked next to a car so that your door 'knocks' into the other car when he get in.

We actually had an argument when he did number 2 and I got out to check my door after he'd done it. If he'd used a smidgen of brain power the situation wouldn't have happened would it. Dick.

I've got a hole in my passenger side speaker grille after a girl I gave a lift to hit it with her crutch on Wednesday (she has a bad knee).

Really annoyed about it, and it's not like I can even fix it, cos I'd need a whole new lower door card, plus the two layers of Dynamat Extreme I'd put on the back of it. evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" />

Oh, and then someone else left a plastic cup in it yesterday. I mean, it's not a big deal, but I don't go round littering in their crappy car, why should they do it in mine, especially when I always make a point of keeping it clean inside and out??

i do hate it when people leave rubbish in your door pockets, or bits of hard mud from the bottom of there trainers/shoes because they couldnt be arsedn to clean them before they put them on!

@Nicki - I beleive it *should* have 2 cupholders, but they are easy to change - Snoop has a coin tray for instance (bought it as a part and fitted it).

However, as all other models (non GTI) have a cup holder/coin try combo, and yours was one of the first, it may have come like that as standard.