Anyone appealed against a Parking Ticket?

DarkStryder360

Been given a ticket outside Uni and was f*cking fuming!

There are 3 spaces on the other side of the road that are aparently permit, and the 30 surrounding the area are regular pay to park.

Been going there for 4 years, and never knew this. Pathetic reason.

Wandered if arguing and challenging it would be worthwhile.

Edited by DarkStryder360

If its with the council then it will be a nightmare to contest , if its with the uni and they have enforced it then you may stand more of a chance of getting a decision based on common sense.

Are the spaces clearly labelled or have correct signs to show they are permit only ?

Go get some pictures to show they arent if thats the case.

That Pepi site is real useful! Cheers!

Its council.

The sign to me was never an issue because I have been there so many times its never occured to me.

Its just the fact I still paid to park, and they still give me a ticket for having an invalid residents permit. I would have understood if it was residents only around the entire area, and I didnt pay, but the fact I paid. I want my money I paid for the parking at the meter back at least!

Complete BS. Shows how greedy the council is. Understandable as the entirety of Plymouth is getting a massive revamping. :coffee:

That Pepi site is real useful! Cheers!

Its council.

The sign to me was never an issue because I have been there so many times its never occured to me.

Its just the fact I still paid to park, and they still give me a ticket for having an invalid residents permit. I would have understood if it was residents only around the entire area, and I didnt pay, but the fact I paid. I want my money I paid for the parking at the meter back at least!

Complete BS. Shows how greedy the council is. Understandable as the entirety of Plymouth is getting a massive revamping. :coffee:

They have to get the money to fix the roads somehow :lol:

I had parked in MK a few years back when working for VW HQ and there were a lot of mixed signs regarding free and paid parking areas.

I thought I parked in a free area and on returning to my car 30min later got a ticket........luckily I was meeting a friend for lunch and he gave me his paid ticket and I wrote to council stating I had paid........here is the ticket etc etc and was let off with a warning rolleyes.gif

Edited by Mike_M