Headunit

kayla :)

Should be good, i'd be interested to see how it blends in once it's installed.

@ Jase: it might be supplied by other manufacturers as standard, but you can also buy it : http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-fh-p80bt.html

Should be good, i'd be interested to see how it blends in once it's installed.

@ Jase: it might be supplied by other manufacturers as standard, but you can also buy it : http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-fh-p80bt.html

Yeah i'm hoping the blue matches the dash :wacko: I was going to order it from car audio but found it for a bit cheaper on another site.

Ohhh i like, is that from another make of car?, or is it what you can get from halfrauds?

I just found it on the pioneer site & did a bit of site haggling to see where I could ge a brand new one for cheaper. I wanted a double din one to fill the cubby hole.

I'd never buy anything else from halfords! Bad place (no offence) :)

I have a similar one in, Alpine. Cost £160 from what I remember, its pretty basic on first appearance but I believe Alpine are the only company that actually offers proper full speed software integration of ipods and iphones. It also has the option of adding a parrot bluetooth unit to it which is hidden away and integrated into it's controls.

I think it looks really neat and OEM :shades:

3817974323_21f2b42432_o.jpg

I have a similar one in, Alpine. Cost £160 from what I remember, its pretty basic on first appearance but I believe Alpine are the only company that actually offers proper full speed software integration of ipods and iphones. It also has the option of adding a parrot bluetooth unit to it which is hidden away and integrated into it's controls.

I think it looks really neat and OEM :shades:

3817974323_21f2b42432_o.jpg

Ooh I likey. I used to have an alpine one, it was lovely. but some absolute tard decided to smash through my car window and steal it :angry:

my mate has this in his corsa. its proppaa tidy head unit and using ur ipod with it is propa easy !

yeah the reviews on it seem really good for using it with ipod. It looks awesome in the lupo GTI :P

[quote name=kayla :)' date='06 March 2010 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1267917140' post='779193]

fh_p80bt_detailpage.jpg

will hopefully have the new unit in the loop by next week. :)

Edited by Xdwardo

Thats weird, i was totally looking at this headunit earlier today! The only question now, assuming you had an iPod/iPhone, where would you install your iphone dock? :coffee:

I love it :D

With my old head alpine unit they installed a separate cable which attached my ipod from the back, so i'm presuming thats the case with this one too :confused: it's designed for ipod so it can't be that tricky!

[quote name=kayla :)' date='08 March 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1268063040' post='779873]

I love it :D

With my old head alpine unit they installed a separate cable which attached my ipod from the back, so i'm presuming thats the case with this one too :confused: it's designed for ipod so it can't be that tricky!

Good thread and handy pics....

Regarding the Pioneer stereo Kayla have you upgraded the original speakers too? If so what did you replace them with? (i.e. brand and model)

Regarding the Alpine I like the idea of that, I had one in a 325 Coupe I once had and it was a cracker. What is the model name of the 'double DIN' model that's shown on the pic? Does it have any security device (i.e. face off etc) or is it permanently in view? Does seem a bit shouty to a scally with a brick

Look forward to your replies

Cheers

Tom :D

Hiya Tom :)

I haven't replaced the original speakers yet but definitely will be soon after the headunits installed, I think my standard VW ones will struggle with the output.

I'm debating which ones at the moment, JBL have always been good to me speaker wise.... :confused: I'll see what people on here reckon!

Kayla x

Ahh, so do you have like a bracket, to stick your ipod on?

I had the cable wired through to my glove box, so I just kept my ipod out the way in there.

Apparently you don't even need to have your ipod handy with this headunit, you can browse through playlists etc using the dial (so once i've figured out a place to actually put the ipod it should be fine!) I'll have to ask the guy whose fitting it about that, good point made there!

I've got a real "duhh" type question if someone will endulge me. With these "double din" car stereos, can you remove the front face unit?.. for security purposes?

Or, do you just hope someone doesnt notice the huge "come and steal me" fancy ICE sitting in your car?

Edited by Xdwardo

I've got a real "duhh" type question if someone will endulge me. With these "double din" car stereos, can you remove the front face unit?.. for security purposes?

Or, do you just hope someone doesnt notice the huge "come and steal me" fancy ICE sitting in your car?

yeah it's face off :) i've learnt my lesson after leaving my £200 alpine headunit in my car...need I say anymore! :angry:

i used to have a face off one, but i found that the connection from the back of the face to the HU was always was a bit 'poor' if putting a dvd in etc (for all of once lol) so i bought this-

DSCF0050.jpg

obviously it was a little bit more i think £400ish, but is worth every penny and screws into the cage with about 8 screws so eventhough it is on show, it wont be nicked :)its touchscreen and allows you to use your ipod through the screen and you can change the illumination between 130ish colours too i just like red :lol:

but imo the interior of the lupo looks quite modern so this just finishes it off and looks like it was there from factory :P

i used to have a face off one, but i found that the connection from the back of the face to the HU was always was a bit 'poor' if putting a dvd in etc (for all of once lol) so i bought this-

DSCF0050.jpg

obviously it was a little bit more i think £400ish, but is worth every penny and screws into the cage with about 8 screws so eventhough it is on show, it wont be nicked :)its touchscreen and allows you to use your ipod through the screen and you can change the illumination between 130ish colours too i just like red :lol:

but imo the interior of the lupo looks quite modern so this just finishes it off and looks like it was there from factory :P

Looks fab mate. I've seen some touchscreen ones on youtube, and some of them have that "fold away" system when you press the "off button". Methinks i'll go for one of those :D

DSCF0050.jpg

love it! x

in my opinion we should be able to put what we want and leave it in our cars, ive learnt my lesson to, i think double din stereos are the way forward, seen on on ebay for 200 with sat nav and dvd etc etc, a no branded one so i wouldnt buy it, but the ideas and tech to come is gonna be amazing, i rec the new anti theft device should an agressive eletric shock for the chavs,

in my opinion we should be able to put what we want and leave it in our cars, ive learnt my lesson to, i think double din stereos are the way forward, seen on on ebay for 200 with sat nav and dvd etc etc, a no branded one so i wouldnt buy it, but the ideas and tech to come is gonna be amazing, i rec the new anti theft device should an agressive eletric shock for the chavs,

i agree! :angry::angry::angry2::angry2:

i used to have a flip out dvd player 7.5" screen stereo but it wasnt that great. Id much rather have one like that ^^^^^^. I have a bad ass single din Alpine stereo and love it to bits. Plus i desperately need the cubby hole below it to store my phone an stuff

i used to have a flip out dvd player 7.5" screen stereo but it wasnt that great. Id much rather have one like that ^^^^^^. I have a bad ass single din Alpine stereo and love it to bits. Plus i desperately need the cubby hole below it to store my phone an stuff

luckily my phones small enough to fit in the other one!...altho I want an iPone so this headunit might not be a good idea! Lol.