Waterless Wash Systems

My brother is flicking through the channels on the TV and keeps stopping on the shopping channels, they have this stuff "Showroom Shine", cleans everything off your car, road tar, spray paint, marker pen, salt, mud, and then it protects with 'carnuba wax'. Not cheap either... £25 for 2L, and thats half price.

Logic tells me this scratches the **** out of the paint as no water is involved in washing. and you do the whole car, wheels and all.

Anybody used it or know otheriwse.

ps.... I'm not planning on getting any, wouldn't use it on my lawnmower.

Edited by 99hjhm

how is this possible, you'd just mix the muck in with the solution. In fact, no wonder it scratches the paint to bits you'd be rubbing in all sorts of grit and dirt off the road into the bodywork.

I remember one time I cleaned loads of seagull crap off my dads bonnet for him but forgot about the sand in seagull crap and scratched the bonnet in loads of little spots were the seagull crap had been. Luckily it was nothing t-cut couldn't sort :D

I think most of these things require the car to be clean before you... erm, clean it. I wouldn't touch them.

Carnauba is used in good wax, although 100% carnauba is like concrete. Generally it's mixed with something like beeswax.

This has been around for a while. Some members on DW rate it. They mostly use ONR - Optimum No Rinse.

I don't buy into it and can't see how it wouldn't marr the paintwork, but haven't tried it.

I've seen demo's where there's been no damage but the cars weren't that dirty.

Any liquids claiming to contain Carnauba will be less than 5% Carnauba wax.

Naturally Carnauba is a Solid wax which will melt in high temperatures or when 'rubbed'. It even remains stable in direct sunlight!

Most Carnauba paste waxes contain between 50% and 90% Brazilian Carnauba Wax. The softer it is, the less it contains. But without things such as Banana and Coconut oil, it can be incredibly difficult to apply to your car.

Oddly, Smarties, M&M's and Skittles are coated with Carnauba wax :)

Edited by nfbr

Any liquids claiming to contain Carnauba will be less than 5% Carnauba wax.

Naturally Carnauba is a Solid wax which will melt in high temperatures or when 'rubbed'. It even remains stable in direct sunlight!

Most Carnauba paste waxes contain between 50% and 90% Brazilian Carnauba Wax. The softer it is, the less it contains. But without things such as Banana and Coconut oil, it can be incredibly difficult to apply to your car.

Oddly, Smarties, M&M's and Skittles are coated with Carnauba wax :)

Paste waxes that contain over 60% Carnauba are unworkable, usless as paste waxes.

What you'll find, with the total volume of wax in the recipie, 70% will be Carnauba, and 30% will be another wax, bees wax or montan wax

The rest of the ingredients will include oils and solvents.