Upper rear strut brace *PLEASE READ*

Ramirez

Went to trimsport at the weekend to sort an upper rear strut brace but it couldnt be done, not to worry, the owner is going to make a one off for me. Blinder! Now I need to sort a style, spec etc which I need to orginise myself not a problem (Im a modelmaker). Now Im going to have the prototype, but I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in one cos if we get a run it sould be cheaper for you guys. (the owner is a retired areo space engineer with a love of all things VAG) When we bounced ideas about the thinking was it could be done with all trim being able to be replaced so the car could be kept stock. I'll post pics when mines done (the new year) So what do you think?

I'm having a thick day today I think... but an upper rear strut brace isss....?

I know what a front strut brace is (under the bonnet across the engine right?), not heard of this? Is it like a roll cage type thing?

On the majority of cars they do strut brace kits which usually includes 3 seperate struts, One that goes over the front suspention (the one youve mentioned) One that runs along the front of the chassis/front grill and another one that goes on the back(not to sure where) It basically stops the car from flexing and generally makes it more sturdy, therefore better handling. (similar in that respect to a roll cage)

Actually, if you going to get front and back structs done and it turns out to be better in terms of price and quality from shop ones I'll go for both smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i want a front brace too, i actually managed to drag dubya out, and he showed me his wiked mk2 brace, but it would be an absolute mission to get it to fit .. sooo

there is a brace on ebay, for 50 quid , but i personally think it looks pants compared to the one dubya had

depending on quality , and materials used / finish , i would also want one smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

oh damn, this is for a rear brace sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

is it going to be mounted to the towers thru the carpet ? thats the only way i can see it being if you not cutting the plastic seatbelt cover thingy ?

I remember about a year ago there were some strut braces around for sale, either alu or carbon for a bit more £££s.

Someone had a front one (gargoil?) and it looked great. ******* to fit though wasn't it. I fancied one but was put off by the work he or someone else had to do to get it on, and the front was meant to be easy compared with the back.

As for the rear, not being an expert on such things but I would have thought it very very difficult to mount it on the rear towers without pulling trim off. If there is a way to do this I'd love to hear about it.