Panick! Over fill Engine oil- Help

Get the car to a ramp if you can - if not you'll have to just jack it up to get underneath it.

The plastic sump gaurd may be in the way, but there should just be a big obvious bolt underneath the sump that you can undo pretty easy with a socket set - can't see it being any bigger than 13/14mm.

Let a bit drain out then measure it again.

Having too much oil will damage the CAT, but it's not total life threatning to your engine if you drain it quick.

just get a pump action spray top off a bottle (liquid soap/spray polish etc.) spray out some water to clean it out and dty it and then just stick the pipe through the filler hole and pump out some oil into a cup, simple and effective and save you getting your hands dirty smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Think outside the box :wink:

QUOTE(Crusoe)
just get a pump action spray top off a bottle (liquid soap/spray polish etc.) spray out some water to clean it out and dty it and then just stick the pipe through the filler hole and pump out some oil into a cup, simple and effective and save you getting your hands dirty smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Think outside the box  :wink:

I agree.

My guys work on a fleet of 500 vans with numpty minium wage drivers who always do this.

They use a Clutch bleeding kit, but the principle is the same.

the pipe goes where you want to suck the oil out of (the filler in the engine bay), you could sick it out with a longer bit of pipe too but try not to swallow any.

not true unfortunatly.. VW in wakefield over filled mine twice on 2 seperate occaions (different services) and then tried to charge me for more oil cos they over drained it! how nice are they.