Boot build package

Evening all.

I'm a bit clueless when it comes to car audio so was looking for a bit of advice and recommendation from those hot on it!

I'm getting a boot build and am looking for a sub reverse mounted (like rob gti's) above the spare wheel well, then two amps, one each side around the area of the rear seats built into a false floor

I have been reccomended these packages so far:

Alpine SWR-1242D 1500W Type R 12" subwoofer,

Alpine MRP-M500 500W RMS (1000W Max) Amplifier (@2-ohms)

with a custom box and a 4awg wiring kit all fitted for £370

or if you want a bit cheaper then

Infinity Ref1600a mono BASS amplifier

Infinity Kappa 122.7w 12" 1400W (350W RMS) subwoofer

again with a custom box and wiring kit fitted for £320

and then an alpine pmx-t32 for the front components...

Whats peoples thoughts on them?

I'm looking to spend around £500 on the boot build all in including the false floor and trimming it.

Cheers in advance,

Sam.

Edited by HAIRBear

Evening all.

I'm a bit clueless when it comes to car audio so was looking for a bit of advice and recommendation from those hot on it!

I'm getting a boot build and am looking for a sub reverse mounted (like rob gti's) above the spare wheel well, then two amps, one each side around the area of the rear seats built into a false floor

I have been reccomended these packages so far:

Alpine SWR-1242D 1500W Type R 12" subwoofer,

Alpine MRP-M500 500W RMS (1000W Max) Amplifier (@2-ohms)

with a custom box and a 4awg wiring kit all fitted for £370

or if you want a bit cheaper then

Infinity Ref1600a mono BASS amplifier

Infinity Kappa 122.7w 12" 1400W (350W RMS) subwoofer

again with a custom box and wiring kit fitted for £320

Whats peoples thoughts on them?

I'm looking to spend around £500 on the boot build all in including the false floor and trimming it.

Cheers in advance,

Sam.

scrap infinity there crap tbh alpine are decent maybe price up a hertz or JL set up for good quality hope this helps you a little :)

That does look like quite a package! However not really the one for me, I already have upgraded front components and not really looking for a sub box..

Looking for two amps and a sub really, I looked into JL...there not cheap are they! Are JBL like a cheaper version of JL? becasue a lot of there products have the same designs ect

arghh, i saw a picture on google earlier and now cant find it again and it would of been veryy helpful! It was of someone boot build and they had like a part-show cage in the back, in other words, a metal pole lol

Im sure a lot of you have seen them, just a shiney bar across the boot. I was hopeing for like a curved one, from the corner behind one of the fron seats, curving around to half way down the boot. If you see what i mean..? I just think it would be a nice simple, and differant way to seperate the boot from the front. Anyone got any ideas where i could get anything of the sort? or where i could ask for it to be done custom?

Sorry for all the questions! ...but at least there not the usual! lol

For £500 you're not going to pick up amazing amps.

JBL are sometimes good, there was a Saxo at DB drag that had 9 12"s in a wall, with the right power it pushed 154db, which i was rather amazed about!

Its not the sub that affects the sound as much, its how its powered, and how its boxed. I'll be spending £700 on one amp later on in the year to get the power i'm after.

For £500 you're not going to pick up amazing amps.

JBL are sometimes good, there was a Saxo at DB drag that had 9 12"s in a wall, with the right power it pushed 154db, which i was rather amazed about!

Its not the sub that affects the sound as much, its how its powered, and how its boxed. I'll be spending £700 on one amp later on in the year to get the power i'm after.

wel tbh hes already said he doesnt know much about ice so an expensive system would be wasted really... plus db cars arent really for listening to music either are they

Edited by jamiea7x

wel tbh hes already said he doesnt know much about ice so an expensive system would be wasted really... plus db cars arent really for listening to music either are they

Why not? i can listen to any kind of music quite nicely in mine, with perfect quality. Its only when you hit a bassy song and crank it up it becomes too loud to listen to.

Mate keep away from Car Audio Centre..I cannot remember if it was on this forum or talkaudio, but there are many bad reviews about them, mainly with regards to them trying their best to push the 'In Phase' products!

I am a fan of JBL gear, value for money I feel.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been warned against car audio! but the prices are so good im still tempted to take the risk :/

anyone got an amp up for grabs?

I got an amp for sale, a BOSS Blade 2000, 4x220 wrms, yes RMS. I am now using a JL 500/1 to power my sub and there is not much difference.

I used the boss as a three channel, door speakers and sub amped up, sounded great!

PM if interested. Thanks.

I'll have either a brand new JL J2 360.2, or a Star Sound Digital amp for sale. JL would be £150 unless i can return it, which if i can neither will be for sale :rolleyes:

i ran a similar alpine setup to that for a while before i moved to a pioneer sub... for someone who just generally likes to listen to music its great. made the lupo shake plenty.

• 2 years later...