Xenon washers not working

hey guys and girls, for some reason my xenon washers have decided to stop working. the window washers work but xenon ones dont pop out or spray. do the xenon washers have their own fuse? if so anyone know which one it is?

thanks, alex

Were Xenon washers an optional extra when buying a GTI from new or did they come as standard?

Std as they are required by law.

Mine I dont think are working at the moment, washer fluid isn't frozen in the pipes to the screen though, maybe it has in the bumper.

Or the fuse has blown cause they are frozen....

same as mine, my window washers work, the horn also works so it cant be the fuse. im hoping they have either frozen or the fluid levels are low.

Had a look last night and they look as though they are slightly popped out, the covers are raised away from the bumper so its not flush.. bit odd really.

:blink: oh god!!! lol thats so obvious now but ive been trying with the lights off! i'll go and check now!

lol. I thought thats where the towing eye screwed in when I got my Lupo.

Checked mine earlier, they are working, not squirting much though, think I might need a new motor as the jets on the windscreen aren't as good as they were... Or are there seperate motors?

In checking mine, the wipers managed to chuch 4" of snow into the footwell of my car... :lol: Not so funny at the time.

Edited by 99hjhm

Checked mine earlier, they are working, not squirting much though, think I might need a new motor as the jets on the windscreen aren't as good as they were... Or are there seperate motors?

The washer jets aka aliens, use a seperate motor which is located in the second bottle thats in the wing out of view.