Tom's Bagged Yellow & Purple Lupo

Tomjw

Ahhh cheers for the correction :) I wasnt too sure what they were TBH!

Im getting them refurbished soon so decided on colours :) Either mirror polished or candy red, TBH I think yellow + candy red = win! :P something in yer faceeee!

Much better!

Cheers Rich :) Take it you werent a fan of the Revo's then lol... They do look alot better! Will be better once Ive got them refurbished though! You going GTI next weekend?

Hey people! The suns out, I dont start work till 6pm and Ive drank 2Litres of coke... So ive got quite abit of energy I need burning! roll.gif

So I thought id detail the Loop smile.gif

Started off filthy as its yellow and all the paintwork had black stains on from previous dirt not being washed off correctly so looked horrible...

Started off jet washing it down,

Then washed each panel seperate then jet washed down so the sun didnt leave waterspots from dried suds,

After washing each panel I cleaned the inner arches with the jetwash and foam attatchment (Soo much dirt came out due to being a carpet!),

After the inner arches I got on the floor and jet washed underneath the car to get all the dirt off such as built up dirt,

Then I started on the alloys by soaking them in wheel cleaner and leaving to dry for 10 minutes then jet washing off gently,

Then I dried it all down one panel at a time using a microfibric cloth,

Then its time for the Clay-barrrr! This part takes the piss but its well worth doing!

Once it was all dry I got the T-Cut out to remove the marks such as tar and insects and sealed with wax (Even removed the rear numberplate and cleaned the paintwork behind that and polished)

P6220008.jpg

P6220007.jpg

P6220006.jpg

After doing the body I dried the wheels down and applied wax & polish to them, also treating the tyre wall with AutoGlym tyre treatment (Good stuff!)

P6220004.jpg

P6220005.jpg

Tyres done I moved onto the door shuts removing all the built up grease and dirt from the hinges! Theres still some left over but you should have seen it before! Also Polished them all up

P6220001.jpg

P6220002.jpg

P6220003.jpg

Finished results after a good 3 hours of cleaning, well impressed biggrin.gif Only thing letting me down is lack of mopping skills otherwise I would buy one and do that aswell...

P6220009.jpg

I would have taken pictures of the reflections from the paintwork but my camera is a brick! Cheers for reading

Sorry did I not make myself clear ?

This Neeeeeeds split rims :D

looking good dude.

Haha yeah but I cant afford splits! My car is a budget car, if anything I need to save the money for an engine rebuild! Too many lupos have splits anyways, I like to be different :)

• 3 weeks later...

Small update:

Got new door speakers with more power :)

Old speakers - Pioneer 220watt, 80rms each

07072010.jpg

New speakers - In Phase 240watt, 100rms each

07072010006.jpg

07072010001.jpg

Old speaker grills

07072010002.jpg

New speaker grills

07072010003.jpg

07072010005.jpg

07072010007.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cool pics Ryan :) Love them!...

& Yeah I do :) Theyre annoying me sitting in my room now lol! £20 delivered?

Also yeah they do need spacers :) Ill have a look, need to get my pedal box sorted first! Damn thing! and the coilovers are fully down with the adjuster removed on the rear :( Think i need to get the spring re-wound or chopped haha

The car will be for sale soon as I am looking for Lupo 1.4S with very low mileage for a new project! I have seen a sport for sale which is in perfect condition with 37k on the clock! Best thing is its in white :D So I will get an advert up soon, you might see it on pistonheads but thats just gathering interest really.

It says its still for sale? Was going to phone tomorrow about it, hope it hasnt sold :(

Cheers :) And its held on by strong silicone! didnt want to drill and holes incase I take it off. Very simple to fit really :)

It does look alot better now!,

I bet your speakers dont sound very good screwed straight to metal! you need some MDF rings + a bit of deadening my friend :), i bet your windows dont go all the way down too? Also are these powered by the HU or seperate amp?

Good cleaning too ;)

Edited by little rich

Cheers :) And its held on by strong silicone! didnt want to drill and holes incase I take it off. Very simple to fit really :)

Thank you. I want one for my 1.4s. I wasn't sure if you had the use of the brake light or not. I am an extreme novice at this sort of thing :lol:

The spoiler on this car isn't a GTi one, it's a Lupo sport accessories one. Are you till going to be selling it Tom as I want it and as I keep asking hopefully i've got first refusal ;)

Cheers Rich and yeah my windows dont go down fully haha! & I do get some power from them but along with vibrations and rattling! Also run from the HU :) ICE Newbie! haha...

Yeah you do have to use the brake light for the spoiler aswell and yeah dont worry as soon as its up for sale Ill let you know Emz

Slight camber + Bad tracking =

30072010001.jpg

30072010.jpg

Yes that is the metal the tyre is made out of!

I think ive got my moneys worth out of these :)

Off the road from now! Broken down last night, my clutch release bearing has finally failed, having a new clutch and cable fitted the weekend, also being serviced with new discs and pads, belts and tensioners and head gasket with head skimmed

P6210092.jpg

How low are you cus your drive looks steep and does it catch the front bumper?

Just wondering cus got my coilies on the way and my drive is similar so dont want to go too low and not be able to get on my drive haha