Fabia VRS ARB

SamGTi

Considering getting one, thoughts?

My car is pretty low, and from what i have seen the ARB sits very low on the back of the car! will it catch on the floor? Anybody got one fitted which they can take picccies of?

Thanks

Sam

Fingers crossed, I'll have some more news on this tomorrow! :)

Ben (lal B3n) and Andy (toi gulp)'s cars are going to be at my disposal tomorrow for a little bit of fitting and testing. Providing everything goes nice and smoothly, I should be able to offer Rear anti-roll bars for a very good price!

I tried to persuade Al to do a group buy... I think he will do something, as prices will be going up next year.

It will increase oversteer, not as much as the 22mm Jabba one. The Awesome version is only 19mm. The Jabba bar is rear crude, just uses exhaust clamps to secure it to the rear beam.

I tried to persuade Al to do a group buy... I think he will do something, as prices will be going up next year.

It will increase oversteer, not as much as the 22mm Jabba one. The Awesome version is only 19mm. The Jabba bar is rear crude, just uses exhaust clamps to secure it to the rear beam.

Sorry but i have a jabba one, and its great. I bought it second hand becasue i wouldnt spend the money on it brand new!

How else do you sudgest they fixed it to the rear beam? And there not exhaust clamps, there a fair bit stronger than that i can assure you. Well the ones on mine arent exhaust clamps anyway.

I struggle to see how anyone suffers from oversteer in a lowered gti, If you do then your carrying too much speed in to the corner anyway, which is actually going to be slower anyway.

Ok.. Maybe I was been a a little harsh without having one.

Yes they are Mikalor clamps, I didn't say there was anything wrong with it been crude, just the Awsome one has a bushed bracket/u-clamp type thing... £220 seems alot of money for an antiroll bar.

And your right, I've never seen any oversteer in my GTI on std suspension.

Now wheres Al.... ;)

As soon as you get the go-ahead on these.... i will take one.

Mission complete, See here for the write up: http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=61570

I'd be suprised if we couldn't get enough numbers for a group buy.

Any chance of that Al?

I'm not sure as of yet as these are already incredibly well priced in comparison to the Competitions anti-roll bar!

Ok.. Maybe I was been a a little harsh without having one.

Yes they are Mikalor clamps, I didn't say there was anything wrong with it been crude, just the Awesome one has a bushed bracket/u-clamp type thing... £220 seems alot of money for an antiroll bar.

And your right, I've never seen any oversteer in my GTI on std suspension.

Now wheres Al.... ;)

I'm here James... lol.

I do believe the Jabba bar does use a Mikalor clamp. As long as they are looked after you shouldn't have any issues with the mikalor clamps though! I'd suggest giving them a good coating of WD40 once a year to be safe as Mikalor stuff is kinda well known for corrosion.

Nice to have the adjustment over the jabba arb. Can adjust it to suit each mode etc, gti's already have a built in rear arb where as lesser models don't. shades.gif

Do the drop links flex much? the jabba one didn't have them, though I know allot of after-market arbs for other cars do.

The drop links have a tiny amount of flex in them. Just enough to remove any possibility of Creaking from Metal to Metal joints.

The Arosa Sport I worked on also had an integral rear ARB within the torsion beam axle.

Forget the Jabba one, Awesome are testing one this weekend, I hope it works out. Far cheaper and much better item than the Jabba one if it fits.

I love how you jump to these conclusions without owning or driving a car with the said ARB fitted. The Jabba one is excellent, yes it's quite pricy but it's been available a lot longer than the Awesome and it has saved me £700 of KW V1's in an effort to make my car go round corners properly. It does not increase oversteer like you suggest; what it does is make the car go into a 4 wheel drift rather than the front running wide - the only time I have had the back end let go is when lifting off at high speed on a wet corner, but to make this happen you have to be carrying too much speed - as Casper says. The car is still very controllable when this happens.

• Like 2

I love how you jump to these conclusions without owning or driving a car with the said ARB fitted. The Jabba one is excellent, yes it's quite pricy but it's been available a lot longer than the Awesome and it has saved me £700 of KW V1's in an effort to make my car go round corners properly. It does not increase oversteer like you suggest; what it does is make the car go into a 4 wheel drift rather than the front running wide - the only time I have had the back end let go is when lifting off at high speed on a wet corner, but to make this happen you have to be carrying too much speed - as Casper says. The car is still very controllable when this happens.

I agree here. having not owned one how can you compare? ive had the jabba one for 2 years now. done alot of track days and 2 ring trips. i know driveforward also has one on his arosa which is a track weapon. so i cant really see how its so crap? it completely transformed the handling of my car