Lockwood GTI door sills

Bobby G

Where can i get a set of those from then? do they fit straight onto the Lupo? are the ones pictured fitted to a Lupo?

Cheers.

Some times they come up on here, or on ebay, but usually sell quite quickly.

Availiable to buy new from Awesome-gti... http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=3799

Yes Mikes ones are fitted to his Lupo GTI, and here are mine.. :)

DSCN2838.jpg

I cut about 10mm of the rear edge, this saves you having to fold it up the lip to the door seal. I fitted them using soapy water, others have used a hair dryer... You need to make sure the sill is super clean, as any grit sill show under the vinyl.

I got the Lupo Gti ones. They look mint and are very very easy to fit. No vinyl business just peel off the tape top of the foam strips and stick down to clean sill. Took 2 mins and as they are stainless steel they still look brand new. Personal preference really and also depends on the colour of your car. if its black great cus the vinyl on the anniversary will blend in but would personally look out of place on a silver gti like mine. might get pics up

I dont like them myself and prefer the Golf 25th Anni sill covers.

Found a pic of mine:

sill.JPG

Ha Ha i keep my cd wallet in exactly the same place. Limited storage on a Loop.

I got the Lupo Gti ones. They look mint and are very very easy to fit. No vinyl business just peel off the tape top of the foam strips and stick down to clean sill. Took 2 mins and as they are stainless steel they still look brand new. Personal preference really and also depends on the colour of your car. if its black great cus the vinyl on the anniversary will blend in but would personally look out of place on a silver gti like mine. might get pics up

Yeah mate, if you could get some pics up i would really appreciate it, mate. think i probably will end up goin with them, plus a stainless sill will offer more protection than a vinyl one.

hmmmm, looks like I may have to treat myself to yet ANOTHER Christmas present!!

oh yeah, mines silver too.

cheers

Edited by Bobby G

well i wont be cleaning my car till around christmas day as some prick side swiped my car so im having body work repaired and resprayed, janspeed cat back exhaust put on, dropping it on KW V1 Inox coilovers and sticking some new rims on him, so i wont have picks up till then as i will be creating a members car thread.