iPod and iTrip help!

bjblyth

My mate and I are driving up to Scotland for a few days and we have ordered an iTrip for our iPods/iPhones so that we can listen to music easily on the way up...

However I have a 16gb iPhone but my Mac is currently home to over 70gb of music... Will an iTrip work in the Macbooks 3.5mm jack? I highly doubt it but just wondered if anyone might know - means I've got the whole of my library to choose from!

Cheers

Ben

My iTrip has an iPod connector on it not a 3.5mm jack

Have you got a tape player in your car? If you have, get one of those cheapy car kits for iPods which come as a tape with a lead hanging out of it as they're usually 3.5mm jacks. Dunno what the sound quality will be like though...

As Nicki has said the iTrip has an iPod connector on it not a 3.5mm jack, depending on what stereo you have you can get leads which will allow you to put a 3.5mm jack aux input. Normally they aren't too expensive either

:)

I have a FM transmitter and a tape adapter. Of the two the sound quality of the FM transmitter is vastly superior to the tape adapter. Having said that on very long journeys I find the FM transmitter is actually rather annoying. I live in the midlands and work in North Yorkshire so my journey is about 150miles, if the FM transmitter is tuned on our driveway at home then part way up the motorway it loses signal as the car picks up a FM signal from a radio station, they can also be affected by poorly insulated electrical components which causes interference.

The tape player on the other hand sounds very tinny so you have to adjust you iPods settings and the car stereo settings.

Yeah, I was gonna say that, it can get pretty annoying having to retune it on a long journey, but as it sounds like you'll have a passenger it's not too bad, as they can do it.

They're really good for the money though. :)

Thanks for the replies folks. Spoke to my mate and the iTrip arrived this morning, as some said it's not a 3.5mm jack connection so there goes that idea!!

I have since learned that he has the 120gb Classic iPod so we'll just cram that full before we go!

Sorry to steal thread but after doing 300 miles in work van on Monday although it being a transporte with 174bhp made me want a diesel lol, I think I should buy a itrip to use, as in car have a aux input but with being in multiple vans I need one,

i see there a few diff versions could do with it working with my video for long journeys an iPhone for how I always have it on me, any advice?

Cheers

I really rate mine, I think its a Kensington something or other. However after a few minutes of watching a video it does turn off not entirely sure why. Have a look on Auto Express they recently tested a number of FM transmitters and they will be more upto date than mine

Seriously? I thought the Dension kit was supposed to be the best! Its been on the to do list for about 6-12months now.

You can have a look at mine and decide for yourself, I love having my iPod back, but it doesn't even charge it(5v Nano) enen though it said it would.

I think it's a great item, but maybe VW isn't the best interface for it, other brands and later VW's allow you to see the track title etc on the head unit or dash. Also need to reorganise all the playlists on my ipod, as thats basically the only way of finding songs.

Came with no instructions, there is an online manual, but no link to it:angry:. And it needs a earth wire, does it tell you thats a earth wire, and it needs connecting to a earth point..... No, thats too easy! I had already cut it off at that point:lol: Luckily, loads of help on UKMKiv's.