F1 - Renault admit guilt in Singapore

Huw Pugh

For anyone who is at work and has stupidly tight security settings...

The ING Renault F1 Team will not dispute the recent allegations made by the FIA concerning the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.

It also wishes to state that its managing director, Flavio Briatore and its executive director of engineering, Pat Symonds, have left the team.

Before attending the hearing before the FIA World Motor Sport Council in Paris on 21 September 2009, the team will not make any further comment.

Edited by treblet

This is fascinating, although I feel this may be the start of the end for the current Boy's Club which is the F1 senior management, teams and governing bodies.

Its ready for a change.

Bernie & Max.

I bet they both new about it before it was leaked (I think Renault would have spoken to Bernie as Bernie has as much to lose as Renault has), Things that big effect everyone who is involved in the Sport.

Especially large companies/banks who trade under there name, and will not allow it to be associated with a Team, or even Sport that has been caught for what is, an obvious set up.

Renault were struggling last year, they needed a win.

The team needed the win, to save from Renault selling up.

700 people apparently.

Rubbish!

I refuse to believe that Renault have 700 people working on a F1 team!

Flav is one of Bernie's main allies. When Max goes Bernie is a bit more isolated than previously. For him, its a bloody good job he's got the Concorde agreement signed and a bunch of new teams that will do as he wishes.

Flav is one of Bernie's main allies. When Max goes Bernie is a bit more isolated than previously. For him, its a bloody good job he's got the Concorde agreement signed and a bunch of new teams that will do as he wishes.

This is fascinating, although I feel this may be the start of the end for the current Boy's Club which is the F1 senior management, teams and governing bodies.

Its ready for a change.

Bernie & Max.

I bet they both new about it before it was leaked (I think Renault would have spoken to Bernie as Bernie has as much to lose as Renault has), Things that big effect everyone who is involved in the Sport.

Especially large companies/banks who trade under there name, and will not allow it to be associated with a Team, or even Sport that has been caught for what is, an obvious set up.

Renault were struggling last year, they needed a win.

The team needed the win, to save from Renault selling up.

700 people apparently.

Rubbish!

I refuse to believe that Renault have 700 people working on a F1 team!

I thought it was around 250ish directly employed. Maybe the additional amount takes in to account those not directly employed but in the supply chain somewhere?

Wasn't it Flav though that was responsible for the whole FOTA break away etc. Essentially he wanted a bigger slice of the revenue pie which Bernie currently gets. I don't think Bernie or especially Max will be too sad to see him go.

Wasn't it Flav though that was responsible for the whole FOTA break away etc. Essentially he wanted a bigger slice of the revenue pie which Bernie currently gets. I don't think Bernie or especially Max will be too sad to see him go.

They must get on in some respects though because they co-own QPR. I think the FOTA break away was more to do with breaking way from Max's bungled cost cutting measures than Bernie's exorbitant take of revenues.

Bernie and Flav and 1 other own a football team together, cant remember which one as I dont follow football.

quick google reveals its QPR they own

God dam it, you beat me to it ^

Edited by foxy