Marcus's Sport - SOLD..... New A3

marcusgrant

Haha, plain old holiday with no hookers, haha.

I know, when i went away with the Mrs, i'd spent near on £300 by the end of the first day, haha, shocking behaviour.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So easily done though, was thinking about Theatre for her bday:

Theatre tickets: £50-80ish each.

Dinner: £20-£30ish each.

Hotel: £100-£300.

EASILY £240, more likely over £300, why am i not single! :P

So easily done though, was thinking about Theatre for her bday:

Theatre tickets: £50-80ish each.

Dinner: £20-£30ish each.

Hotel: £100-£300.

EASILY £240, more likely over £300, why am i not single! :P

Thats crazy... I hope she treats you aswell on your birhtday! My mates all spend silly money like to tbf on their misses.

If i was in a relationship i dont think i could afford to do the lupo!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I spent the whole of the weekend putting the componants and amp in (literally 9-5 each day).... very cold it was!!! Three pairs of socks and my toes still nearly fell off :lol:

Took all the lower dash off to get it in all neat. Not really a job i would want to do again to be honest, bit of a pain!

Sonuds really good though :D just need a tad more sound deadening in the doors and then that will be them sorted.

Cant upload any photos yet as my internet at home is nakerd :angry:

Cool! :) Did you manage to get the focal tweeters underneath the OEM covers without too much hassle? Can't wait to get mine sorted :D

Yeah i did :) just took the original tweeters out and put the new ones in. I just secured them with a bit of sound deadening to stop them falling through the whole.

Then just get the OEM tweeter and flicked the speaker grill of it, then place this over the new focal one. Jobs a good'n!

Oh and to mount the componants to the door i used 18mm mdf rings with a couple of layours of sound deadening behind them... The window clears the speaker and you can put the door cards back on!

If you need a couple of the mdf rings then you can get them off ebay for a few quid :)

Hoep this is a helpful little bit of info!

Yeah i did :) just took the original tweeters out and put the new ones in. I just secured them with a bit of sound deadening to stop them falling through the whole.

Then just get the OEM tweeter and flicked the speaker grill of it, then place this over the new focal one. Jobs a good'n!

Oh and to mount the componants to the door i used 18mm mdf rings with a couple of layours of sound deadening behind them... The window clears the speaker and you can put the door cards back on!

If you need a couple of the mdf rings then you can get them off ebay for a few quid :)

Hoep this is a helpful little bit of info!

That's fantastic :) thanks a lot :D

Here some photos i took while doing the speakers...

09012010201.jpg

This is how is got the speaker cable to the drivers side tweeter, took ages! used the power cable to pull the speaker wire through as this was more rigid.

09012010200.jpg

How is mounted the tweeter, then i just put the original mesh over the top.

10012010207.jpg

Getting is sounding good and making sure it all worked

10012010208.jpg

Trying to get everthing in and hidden :lol:

10012010212.jpg

Where the amp is

10012010211.jpg

General mess photos...

09012010203.jpg

10012010205.jpg

09012010197.jpg

Some pictures of it after a quick wash earler, naturally 20 secords after these photos it was filthy again! so happy! haha. I NEED coilovers, they will be coming next ;) unless i feel decide a lads holiday is in need.

16012010229.jpg

16012010228.jpg

Edited by marcusgrant

Cheers for the comments lads :)

Ha, not sure where i got the idea from to mount it there Rich :P

Yeah sounds really good :) i've ordered a bit more sounds deadening as the passenger side is still has a little bit of rattle. Needs a sub though! That will probably come in the future, after coilovers. I will need to get a new head unit too as mine's pants with only 1 preout.

Well a couple more pics! Looks like no one cares though :lol: Got the little dash cubby hole thing in today (cheers alex!)

I'm quite suprised how good the aftermarket headunit looks, thought it would look out of place but im very happy with it :)

23012010252.jpg

23012010256.jpg