Marcus's Sport - SOLD..... New A3

marcusgrant

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just an old t-shirt and autosol bud. It is a bit of a pain to polish the top but as you can see there is a bit of a gap between my exhaust and the bumper which makes it a bit easier... I normaly just do the top one side at a time, by cupping my hand round the exhaust.

Not sure if that helds you :blink:

Edited by marcusgrant

The seats a lot better?

I've been driving about on a base spec seat for the last couple of days and it's awful! Sit up high, right on top of it and roll about all over the place. Sure it's made the handling worse!

I've had mk4 Recaros for yonks though, so can't really remember what the GTI seats were like.

Just an old t-shirt and autosol bud. It is a bit of a pain to polish the top but as you can see there is a bit of a gap between my exhaust and the bumper which makes it a bit easier... I normaly just do the top one side at a time, by cupping my hand round the exhaust.

Not sure if that helds you :blink:

Yeh cheers got some autosol so will give it ago :)

The seats a lot better?

I've been driving about on a base spec seat for the last couple of days and it's awful! Sit up high, right on top of it and roll about all over the place. Sure it's made the handling worse!

I've had mk4 Recaros for yonks though, so can't really remember what the GTI seats were like.

Yea the seats are great :) I've got used to them now but i remember when i first got them in i loved the difference... alot more support than the standards! Haha, agree with the handling, feel i can go round corners now without ending up sitting on my passengers lap :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Thought i better just keep this thread alive.

Not much has been happening recently!... with christmas and all.

It's had a service and i've shorted the head rest legs so they all now sit flush with the seats which is nice. Today I've just bought some Focal componants and sound deading so in the new year i will be starting on a small install :)

Coilovers and wheels will be next once i've sorted out sounds. Figure i spend most the time inside the car so may aswell get that sweet! plus winter driving conditions and where are live are not coilover friendly, untill the summer ;)

Few recent pics, including the coventry vag meet.

24122009080.jpg

23122009071.jpg

16122009019.jpg

16122009018.jpg

16122009015.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Audio time!!!! Well a little bit anyway :P

Felt like christmas again when the Focals turned up lol, been waiting for agis! Can't wait to get them fitted. They will be running off an Alpine amp that i've already got, not the best but it will do for the time being :) the amp will be under the drivers seat to which should be pretty cool.

The plan is to put them behind the GTI door cards.. i've got a couple of different size MDF rings, hopefully with a combination of them i will be able to get them sitting right.

Headunit for the moment is my old pioneer unit, not bad but i will be getting a new one hopefully next month with 3 pre outs as this one only has 1!

Then it will be sub time! :D need to start saving.

Few pictures anyway.

04012010168.jpg

04012010174.jpg

04012010172.jpg

Think i may ordered a bit too much speaker cable :lol: goes to the end wall!

04012010176.jpg

All of it together, hopefully will get it all in this weekend.... snow permitting!

04012010178.jpg

Edited by marcusgrant

Really Nice Sport cool.gif

Coming Along nicely, love the gti interior wub.gif

Ryan.

Haha, that is quite a lot of cable. Probably run out knowing your luck :P

Haha probably mate! Sure i'll brake something installing it all!

Mark, you know how you've givin rich your RS's? Well can i Have the RM's you've got for sale? :lol:

Wicked! Let me know how they sound :) still waiting for mine to be delivered :(

Did you get them from caraudio security? I got mine today and i ordered them on Boxing day. Sure i'll post something up letting you know when they're fitted :)

Haha probably mate! Sure i'll brake something installing it all!

Mark, you know how you've givin rich your RS's? Well can i Have the RM's you've got for sale? :lol:

They'll be back with me soon dude! haha.

I think HOPE the RM's are sold.

Haha, yeah, i was like that with my audio, stuff everywhere!

Did you get them from caraudio security? I got mine today and i ordered them on Boxing day. Sure i'll post something up letting you know when they're fitted :)

Yeah I did. I think I ordered mine on the 29th so it might be a couple of days yet :) thanks!

They'll be back with me soon dude! haha.

I think HOPE the RM's are sold.

Haha, yeah, i was like that with my audio, stuff everywhere!

I dont think rich is going to be able to live without them! Haha... no way dont sell the RM's! I want them, with a 1" lip... oh and if you could build them and paint the barrel the same red as my car that would be great :D:P

Ummm if i can just rent them for shows? haha.

Saving is essential for amsterdam, so bloody expensive. I went last year and spent 250 quid in two and a half days! Didnt even get any hookers with that either :lol: