Audi S3 Quattro, 225 bhp

Guest Lauryn

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gave the car a polish/wax today and spent a lot of time on the paintwork to get it nice and shiney, also fitted the LCR splitter which I'm pleased with, need to adjust a few bits though before its perfect.

Everything else I've bought for the car have been fitted too so I'm quite happy with how its looking :)

Some photos:

utf-8BSU1HMDAzOTctMjAwOTA5MjAtMTY1N.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzOTktMjAwOTA5MjAtMTY1N.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzOTUtMjAwOTA5MjAtMTY1N.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzOTQtMjAwOTA5MjAtMTY1N.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzOTItMjAwOTA5MjAtMTY1N.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzOTEtMjAwOTA5MjAtMTY1N.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzODYtMjAwOTA5MjAtMTY1M.jpg

Thanks

Lauryn

should a 2003 not have chrome mirror housings?

Don't know why mine didn't come with them, most likely gone 'missing' in the past I suspect lol. All the S3s round here have had theirs stolen, I've bought some to fit but half worried about fitting them in case some little pikey takes them! Where I live is very quiet and nice but I park in Glasgow city centre for uni etc so there's a good chance of them going walkies :(

yeah believe the heated, electric aluminium ones are something like £400 each for Audi ones so not surprising they go walkies when they can be fitted to any of the lower spec cars. Looks good though Lauryn :)

Don't know why mine didn't come with them, most likely gone 'missing' in the past I suspect lol. All the S3s round here have had theirs stolen, I've bought some to fit but half worried about fitting them in case some little pikey takes them! Where I live is very quiet and nice but I park in Glasgow city centre for uni etc so there's a good chance of them going walkies :(

I'd just get some black ones, the amount that 'go missing' is ridiculous, although hardly surprising as the fetch good money on Ebay.

Looks good with all the blue though :)

Whats you got planned for it then?

Well since I bought it I've mucked around upgrading bulbs, K&N panel filter, LCR splitter, bought chrome mirrors etc, next I think it has to be a remap! The plabs are to have it RR'd at Star Performance possibly next month, and discuss a remap with them. At the same time I don't want to do that because its a slippery slope and I quite like it standard. Tough one! The RS4 wheels will be going away for a refurb with a difference soon too, they're actually coming off in the morning and being replaced with the 17" S3 Avus wheels.

Cheers

Luryn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Little bit of progress with the S3. Been spending some money on it over the last few months and getting it the way I want it, since I bought it I have added the following:

LCR Splitter fitted

Shortened plates

K&N Panel Filter fitted

Lowered on Eibach Springs

RS4 wheels refurbed and all tyres replaced with brand new Vredesteins

New OEM brake pads and discs all round

Genuine Audi chrome mirrors

Also had it serviced and MOT last week. Not taken any decent pics but heres a couple:

utf-8BSU1HMDA2OTItMjAwOTExMTgtMjAxN.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA3ODMtMjAwOTEyMDYtMTYyN.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA3NzUtMjAwOTEyMDYtMTYyN.jpg

Cheers

Lauryn

What finish are the wheels??

Its a kind of chrome powdercoat. I was hesitant because the word chrome screams 'tacky' at me but I think they turned out well. Hope that helps.

Lauryn

Nice subtle drop there.. wheels work well too :) Think I'm going to get another S3 when I finish uni next year, miss the recaros and the crusie control! B)

They are genuinely fantastic cars. All this is getting replaced with is a new S3, if everything goes right I'm hoping to have one by the end of next year, in Sprint Blue :)

Nice S3 you have there, Nogaro Blue was one of the colours I tried to find a good one in. Ended up with a Missano red pearl one instead. Mine is totally standard except for the factory fitted extras and the previous owner fitted cruise control and the rns-e stereo out of the newer Audi's. Had it nearly 2 years now expensive to run if you maintain them properly! Heres mine:-

IMG_1528a.jpg