Troubles with used cars

JaseLupoGTi

Stem seals/valve guides knackered meaning the car smoked at the bottom of hills and used massive amounts of oil

Release bearing sleeve meant first gear was tricky

Pedalbox cracked

The door where both check straps bolted to was cracked and bent meaning they came loose in half a day

Front speakers both blown (200 miles home is a LONG way with only the tweeters!)

Drivers door lock bounced back to locked when unlocked with key

Painted over pinstripe tape in rear bumper

No spare wheel at all

Drivers seat subframe cracked, collapsed on the way home going round an roundabout causing the seat to tip and me to almost fall out of the passenger window

I'm a really good mechanic and know what to look for, but always buy with my heart not my head, then spend a few years making the car perfect. When it is, I get bored and sell it to some lucky lovely person!

Crap paint job on front end!

Broken check strap panel... Which PO fixed!!

Center brake light

2 cracked side repeaters

huge gearbox oil leak

Broken headlight shell

Just Lupo stuff! All fixed bar the headlight!

Sunroof doesnt work, prob with passenger side window - think motors dying, passenger side door not sat level and has scratched the door sill quite badly, fag lighter not working, exhaust mount knackered, centre brake light. Only fixed fag lighter and exhaust mount - although i think that might have gone again as exhaust seems to sit a bit low. Sure il get the others fixed soon enough lol.

Edited by GtiJames

lambda sensor, door straps, leaking rear washer, dodgy stereo wiring, had to have a new exhaust, sticky window switch, and a lot more i cant remember!

everything fixed, most of it under warranty!

seems like my car always has something wrong with it!

but i absolutely love it :)

i should be selling it due to getting a house, but i cant bring myself to do it....

nothing massive, atleast the roofs broken in the closed possition :D

roof doesnt work, still not got round to fixing it.

one of the front wings seems to be jam pakced with filler

drivers heated seat doesnt work :'(

Had mine about 18 months now:

- Had to have whole cambelt kit renewed as tensioner went (belts, tensioners etc) - make sure you get whole kit done, not just belts (like me!)

- Rear spring coils - one actually broke due to rust!

- Throrough throttle body clean up and new MAF/MAP sensor as kept cutting out occasionally

- Handbrake probably needs tightening a bit

- Beta cassette tape player doesn't work with tapes on the left speaker

- Replaced worn door check strap

- Annoying occasional knocking sound from boot

Apart from that, its great! Someone had my car for about 7 years and clearly didn't do much with it, so I'm hoping my 'investments' will last me a few years now.

Electric windows are a bit temperamental, don't get stuck but dont go down with just one touch of the switch.

Exhaust mounting foobarred (fixed)

Central Locking only works from the driver's door.

Apart from that absolutely nothing, makes a nice change from owning an old mini and a polo gt, both of which ate money :)