Who wants to drive the Lakes?

simpo

Well, filled up last night, had 50 miles left by the time I reached Carlisle on the way back (and it's about 120 miles home ish)

326 miles, 67.33 litres, giving 22 mpg :D (compare that with the last run i did, from Wales to Scotland where i got 27.5 mpg)

Excellent fun, thank you all :)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home, 700 miles £130 on fuel.

Two blood shot eyes. (Tiredness, and getting high on petrol following Mitch), & One massive head-ache from an overly loud exhaust. :D

Was great fun and a good turnout. The morning was epic, big thanks to Matt for some choice roads and being the leader. Shame the afternoon was so busy, but we had an awesome drive home. Almost lost it on Butter-tubs, towards the Hawes end where it gets really bumpy, I had all four wheels in the air 3 times with allot of abs action in-between, but did stop eventually. :sweating:

First time I have pushed the ricer on some decent roads and was very impressed, never cooked the brakes, didn't use any oil and wasn't as bad on fuel as I thought. Just need more power now to keep up with the RS on the straights.

Looking forward to the next DDR already. B)

was an awsome day out fantastic roads now need to make my car like corners as it was rolling about like a boat at times lol

after been in mitchs car i need throttle bodies as well just for the sound

o 310 miles and done on one tank at 45 quid not to bad for full on driving me thinks

bring on DDR

Edited by noddy

was an awsome day out fantastic roads now need to make my car like corners as it was rolling about like a boat at times lol

after been in mitchs car i need throttle bodies as well just for the sound

o 310 miles and done on one tank at 45 quid not to bad for full on driving me thinks

bring on DDR

The swift has been impressive for what it is tbh, but a project car would be mint.

Was an awesome day out. I loved it. That black lupo gti was nicest sounding lupo ive heard. Some crazy cars, simpo your ctr sounded amazing.

Was nice to meet everyone.

I got an average of 36mpg over 300 miles and most of it was driving hard trying to keep up lol so the arosa did well. Made some nice new tread grooves in the toyos where it was catching over harsh bumps lol.

Cheers mitch for the advice about the clutch, sorted it a treat :)

Was nice to meet you, the arosa did well. :) How much do you want coilovers now?

Matt's put a vid up:

Long boring and painful. ;)

Had to keep stopping cause I though I was going to fall asleep. James has had the last two days in bed sick because the weekend was too much for him :lol:, and he didn't even eat something Matt had cooked. :rolleyes:

I was completely knackered after a busy week working and then 7 hours of hard driving. Went to bed as soon as I got in and have only just recovered :lol:

Noddy I really don't know how you do it going round in your swift! You must be a good driver or just very brave!

Also just worked out I got 49mpg, a new personal worst but amazing given the driving conditions :)

Cool driveby's Matt.

And your video is mint Mitch, the things you can do with a screwdriver, a sunvisor, a couple of tie wraps and a phone eh? :lol:

I need to sort through my video and edit it. There's loads, need to pick the best bits. :)

Who took pictures matt?

Mainly Helen and I, they're on Facebook though.

Ill put them on here, when I can be arsed.

Edited by MattyA

I was completely knackered after a busy week working and then 7 hours of hard driving. Went to bed as soon as I got in and have only just recovered :lol:

Noddy I really don't know how you do it going round in your swift! You must be a good driver or just very brave!

Also just worked out I got 49mpg, a new personal worst but amazing given the driving conditions :)

haha think it could be i'm just an idiot but like to think i'm a good driver lol