P88BEL GTTDI

p88bel

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vents for purpose not look, im not a vent man either, it really helps get rid of hot air though where it is it lets out all the radiator heat and will help with induction.

Ive another bonnet going into production shortly, every bit as light but not as strong! lol

The carbon will do for racing as light and strong and vented, new one being made will be for show use, ive never seen it done before but should look well sweet.

The carbon bonnet comes up real dark in pics is life though its brighter and cos its carbon theres a kinda mad shine off it which at times is mirrored effect then silver then just real shiny and dark coloured just when dark!

Its weird but most people whove seen it in the flesh like it pics dont to it justice

I like the carbon. Im just not that big a fan on the vent, and as you say if it helps getting rid of hot air, then its worth it.

Only thing is though, I didnt think cold air induction made any diffrence on a Desial engine?

Well next mods on the way, have bought new uprated ballasts for my xenon gti lights and bulbs, going to fit em when front bumpers off gettn repainted and played with!

While doing this gonna fit the indcution kit and possibly new intercooler as well, but the new ballasts and bulbs should make my vision even better at night!

At the end of the day, its people like yourself that go off from the norm, and by trying new ideas out rather than talkin about it, is what pushes the VW scene along! Ok so people dont get it now, woopdee do, but if they are all doing it in years down the line, then you will be classed as a VW god. Fair enough at the mo to me it looks extreme, I am only just coming around to the idea of carbon in itself, but who are we to say how you should design YOUR car. If you ask me, at the minute we all seem to be heading down the same styling cues as everyone else. Come one people have some imagination and some balls!

Ive always been one of the ones that goes out on a limb, have done it with all my cars, I was doing the in car screens etc many years ago about 8 years ago, now its getting common as muck. Ive done all the big huge wheels 18s etc, Now Im working on getting the car very light but at same time comfortable with all my extras and fast, which a lot of people believe cant be fast.

Im working on a lighter tailgate, so far its not been very succesful because of the window but this Im working on

only real way u gonna make it faster mate is by stripping it to a bare shell, burning the shell (gets rid of all body sealer, sound deadening and other stuck on *****) and get it resprayed!

making the bonnet and boot lighter is gonna do feck all performance wise!!!!

the rear arches is wings welded on with a slight skim on bottom of lip they spent 3 months insuring werent doing a botch job, Ive also lightened it by doing lots more than the bonnet, Ive removed lots of sound deadning, replaced seats which the two front dont wight as much as as 1 of the original sport seats. The front wings are well lighter, Ive also stripped out the whole rear of the car.

The reason Ive done this is so the cars lighter and handles better and also for when taking it places with all the sounds in the weight im saving on the other stuff balances out with all the sounds.

Im following the idea of power to weight ratio, u fill up ur car with passengers and ull find more drag I lighten mines which lessons the drag.

myabve drags not tohe word, but the logic is u full up ur car with people ull be slower going up hills etc, what ive done is made car lighter than it would normaly and by a hell of a lot, when changing parts weve compaerd weights and theres a hell of a difference, the vw seats weigh lots especially.

• 3 months later...

blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Sorry for the bump, but Ive just come across this 'Almost a readers rides'

Wondered if we could have some pics in here yet please? shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

simon aint been on here in ages but i have 2 pics of the car , its a 1.4TDi with full GTi kit on it , NOS , 15"s , rear striped put for roll cage , bucket seats , centre consol has been removed and sprayed the same colour as the car ( minus the dirt in these pics ) and more TV's than u can shake a stick at

DSCN5180.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSCN5179.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />