Jesus Christ!

nfbr

sorry if I've offended any of you religeous types, but I just found this recipt whilst binning a load of my brothers old paperwork/letters etc (Nobody knows where he is now lol)

Anyway:

2009-1-1.jpg

£99 for a 2gig memory stick! How mad is that! and that was only back in 2006!

LMAO what a rip off!

I'm not trying to point out that my useless brother got ripped off, more the point of how things have come down massively in the past few years!

My dad paid £200 for 8MB of RAM once. His mate couldn't afford that so just got 4MB.

And when he bought a 32MB hard drive all his mates said he was crazy and he'd never need that much storage space.

:lol:

I'm not trying to point out that my useless brother got ripped off, more the point of how things have come down massively in the past few years!

That my friend is the he law of accelerating returns in action. Role on the singularity :lol:

My dad's got me a contract with a virgin i ran up a bill near to a £100

:P

ha i remember my dad on about the first computer he baught, my mum went mental as it was more than the a brand new mini she wanted,

an his first laptop he paid like £700 for a modem for,

i remember wanting a 1gb duo stick an it was like £59.99

My dad's got me a contract with virgin i ran up a bill near to a £100
The great thing is i don't pay for it am off the hook

Your point being?

NFBR posts up about the ridiculous cost of a memory stick 3 years ago and you feel the need to tell us about your phone bill?!

:rolleyes:

I bought a 256MB SD card back in 2004 from 7dayshop.com and it was as cheap as I could find at £59.95!

The 4GB SDHC card I bought last year for my DS was £9.00. Crazy.

Our first PC was a 486 SX 25MHz with a 120Mb HDD running Windows 3.1 that cost the best part of a grand, a major step forward from the 286 DOS machine I was running AutoCAD on at work. Even today, I'm still impressed with some of the 'crappier' computers that are currently available, so much so, that I'm toying with the idea of buying an Acer with the Atom processor for sticking behind the TV for a bit of iPlayer action.

Yeah i know, still a rip off though lol.

Look at the price of sat navs when they first came out.

It would be a rip off now, but back then it might of been quite cheap!

I bought a 4gb class 4 memory card for my HD cam corder and paid £12.99 for it on saturday.

Back in 2001-2002 my dad bought me a kodak 2mp camera with a 64mb card and that cost £220. 2mp isnt even heard of these days.

Edited by 2001gti