Southern Convoy

CasperGTI

Same as last year? - On friday

I will meet anyone at guildford to start off with, probably leaving about 11-12 ish.

We then make it to the M3, on to the A303 and to the A34 (yes going west)

Up the A34 to cheivley services which is on the M4 junction 13, This is where we stop and meet the welshies and the west country folk.

Then its up the A34 some more to meet the M40 at junction 9.

Continue on the M40 to junction 10 where we get on the the A43 which takes us to the M1 at junction 15a where we meet all the northerners usually about 3-4pm.

Then it is a 15 min drive max to edition.

Let me know if your on it..... Walkie talkies are compolsary and un-balanced wheels are banned!

John

I'm on it Jon, I'm just really really really unsure of going the same way lol as that took for-fcuking-ever!!!

But bugger it, I'm there lol :)

I believe Ellie mentioned while we were chatting with Clairey a week or two back that she's also coming on the Friday so no doubt I'll meet her for breakfast at J24 Mcd's and then head over the bridge :D

I'm on it Jon, I'm just really really really unsure of going the same way lol as that took for-fcuking-ever!!!

I believe Ellie mentioned while we were chatting with Clairey a week or two back that she's also coming on the Friday so no doubt I'll meet her for breakfast at J24 Mcd's and then head over the bridge :D

If you want to deviate your route then let me know, we might be able to adjust it a bit, although the A34 is a pretty direct route form that part of the woods.

I think we shoudl aim for about the same times, mabe a bit earlier, i can recall that we were a bit late for the jct 15a meet point last time.

EDIT: yeah it was jct 13 on the M4... Im also pretty excited, it was such a crack last year!

John

Edited by CasperGTI

Yep Im there! B)

That may have been....uhhhh.....my fault - I havnae got the power to go fast :blush:

But I've started a SW Convoy thread and will aim to meet up with this one at Chieveley :)

:( i think i live too close to join a convoy, i'm around junction 4/5 of the M1, i'm sure i can find a few people, haha.

Mark, what you could do is get on the A412 at jn 5 on the M1 then follow the A41 all the way to the M40 jn9, which is where we join.

Up to you, its a bit of a detour.... but then so is mine!

That may have been....uhhhh.....my fault - I havnae got the power to go fast :blush:

No that was your 6 tonnes of masking tape that you used to cover your wheels in!!!

John

Edited by CasperGTI

Apparently it is Chris...... I can't even remember where it is lol! :rolleyes:

haha thats why were going in convoy, i just followed on the whole way last time didn't know where i was going!

need to make an 80's CD up for the journey again.... or not :rolleyes:

Tis indeed.

Or Cheesely, as it has effectionately become known as.

Following some developement i've made today....Jamie and i might be taking two cars after all :ninja:

FYI, smallest engine goes in the middle of the convoy, so as not to lose anybody. Mr Supercharged OCD can go at the back. Punishment for being a show off.

FYI, smallest engine goes in the middle of the convoy, so as not to lose anybody. Mr Supercharged OCD can go at the back. Punishment for being a show off.

That'll be me then :lol:

I'll try and remember to bring the walkie talkies again - they have saved several convoys!

Edited by lunalupi

Yay! No at the back for me, not running reds, not losing site of everyone and risking being lost with no map and sat nav again :D

Now that not fair.... i think ill move from the back to the front a fair few times, as ill have a passenger with a camera.... rolling shots??.... not that i like putting my foot down occasionally or anything ;)

John

Edited by CasperGTI

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.