So how many people now have Cruise Control

I've now got it....

Cardaft had it in his Black Arosa

Jon 273

Mr Biscuit

BigDog

Gazza

Who else?

Does everyone have the propper stalk control?

Edited by Steve TDI

I've had a few enquiries about it. BirdLupo was planning to fit it, not sure if he ever did though.

Mr Biscuit and BigDog were the first to have it in the Arosa, but without the stalk. Then one day I was looking at the stalk in Cardafts T4, thinking it looked very much like a Lupo one. So Gazza bought one and it fitted! At this time I had just figured out the wiring, so ordered one myself, then got it all working! So since his Lupo exists no more I can say I was the foirst to have the proper cruise stalk in a Lupo :D

No, it can be fitted to 1.4 16v and GTI's (this is what I have read).

I think as long as it has the clutch pedal switch then it might work. So if someone has got the 1.0 or 1.4s then check that out.

So there is about 6 people (that we know of) who has Cruise Control in their Arosa/Lupo and only about 4 with the stalk? I feel an elite club starting up here :D

Yes a great feature on a small car.

I think you're right six of us in total, me being the first, in 2006.

Not an option VAG group ever had in mind for us to add, hence no wiring to the bulkhead.

If only I could get the airbag off, I'd have fitted the stalk I bought.

The idea came to mind after some research, & finding both VW polo & A2 with the same engine, having cruise as an option, I thought it must be possible.

I did a lot of testing measuring the input impedance of the ECU inputs, and making sure no damage would become of making the switch input voltages, to pins that may or may not be cruise functional, before I went ahead.

Not heard of a 1.4 16V petrol yet to be retro fitted, but I bet it might be possible, especially if there is a clutch switch, & drive by wire.

Enjoy your CC, fellow cruisers..

MrB

Edited by MrBiscuit

I think you're right six of us in total, me being the first, in 2006.

Show off :lol:

Not heard of a 1.4 16V petrol yet to be retro fitted, but I bet it might be possible, especially if there is a clutch switch, & drive by wire.

Well that puts me out of the running then, cable throttle here.

Shame. :(

• 8 months later...

I've had a few enquiries about it. BirdLupo was planning to fit it, not sure if he ever did though.

Mr Biscuit and BigDog were the first to have it in the Arosa, but without the stalk. Then one day I was looking at the stalk in Cardafts T4, thinking it looked very much like a Lupo one. So Gazza bought one and it fitted! At this time I had just figured out the wiring, so ordered one myself, then got it all working! So since his Lupo exists no more I can say I was the foirst to have the proper cruise stalk in a Lupo :D

but dude the lupo is still about with it so technically i was the first hehe so dont make me sue your ass lol

joking mate

Well as it's been bumped, I have it fitted on my GTI, and it doesn't work... LOL!

If anybody has a 6n2 Polo GTI, there is a fair chance it will work on it though.

but dude the lupo is still about with it so technically i was the first hehe so dont make me sue your ass lol

joking mate

Haha ok the I'll give you that, but we both got it working more or less the same day though didn't we!

Anyway, have you got another Lupo yet?

James, no further forward then I take it. Do you know of anywhere that might be able to change the coding in the ECU to get it to work?

Haha ok the I'll give you that, but we both got it working more or less the same day though didn't we!

Anyway, have you got another Lupo yet?

James, no further forward then I take it. Do you know of anywhere that might be able to change the coding in the ECU to get it to work?

Rumor has it, It could be a convenience unit compatibility issue! As the ECU recognises all the signals but the central convenience (or Central locking module) which also has controls of the Electronic pedal signals is a different part number on the Lupo.

Yeah, just dont think it has the fuctionality. The German spec Polo GTI has trip computer amongst other things, so I think thats where the issue lies. Cruise works fine on those.

Id have thought there would have been more people fitting cruise to their TDis, its a great mod.

Yes my old TDi had it, wonder where that is now, its new owners didnt really seem too bothered about it though :rolleyes:

Edited by cardaft