My Focus RS Rebuild.

Clairey

Starting Just before new year in the Christmas holidays

i decided to strip the focus today! as the job situation isnt stable at the moment and that means most the money i earn is being saved i wont be jumping in buying a new turbo and manifold just yet! so i thought as it may not be on the road next year sod it i will strip it and make it like new again

Theirs plenty of cleaning to be done and a mate at my work owes me a few favors and he just so happens to do powder coating so most things including hubs, driveshafts, subframe, rear beam ect will be going anthricite to mate the car a bit more unique and tidy it up at the same time!

Also the list of to do's are:

Get the top spec Gotech to eliminate the ford ecu and take full controll

JE pistons and Eagle Rods

Undecided on the turbo yet either another 28 or johns hybrid

KW V3 Coilover kit in the group buy next year if it goes ahead

fully pollybushed

vibratecnics gearbox mount to complete the set

alloy rad

nortec manifold

send the head off to cylinder head developments for a freshen up and bit of work

ian howells exhaust cam if i go for the 28

new water pump and oil pump and lightweight pullys

Ford motorsport inlet manifold

and going to get a full blow over on the car so i have fresh paint as its looking sorry for itself from being in garages ect!

those are the plans so far! depending on how next year goes

so about 2pm today i went into the garage and made a start....

DSC03715800x600.jpg

DSC03717800x600.jpg

DSC03719800x600.jpg

DSC03718800x600.jpg

DSC03721800x600.jpg

DSC03722800x600.jpg

DSC03729800x600.jpg

DSC03732800x600.jpg

DSC03730800x600.jpg

DSC03731800x600.jpg

DSC03734800x600.jpg

DSC03733800x600.jpg

DSC03735800x600.jpg

DSC03737800x600.jpg

DSC03736800x600.jpg

things to clean and tidy up

DSC03727800x600.jpg

DSC03726800x600.jpg

DSC03725800x600.jpg

DSC03724800x600.jpg

DSC03723800x600.jpg

thats how it stands now! time for the Megs APC tomorrow or maybe a heavy degrease and jet wash after! hope you enjoy! more to follow tomorrow night

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

had another go today and gave a few things a spruce up so things aint to dirty when i take them off the car! was waiting for some megs degreaser to come thru the door and then dad reminded me its bank holiday! so i had to make do with what i had! one of them things being a jet wash! i had some gunk degreaser left over so i covered everything over and left it for 20mins to eat away! then gave it a jet wash over which left me with the following....

befores...

DSC03763.jpg

DSC03762.jpg

DSC03761.jpg

DSC03760.jpg

DSC03764.jpg

after....

DSC03767.jpg

DSC03765.jpg

DSC03766.jpg

DSC03768.jpg

DSC03769.jpg

DSC03770.jpg

DSC03771.jpg

DSC03772.jpg

DSC03773.jpg

better but still to be improved on with my new products when they come tomorrow! also ordered 2 cans of paint today which should be here tomorrow so will start prepping for paint.

here are a couple of other pictures i took...

DSC03775.jpg

DSC03777.jpg

DSC03780.jpg

wasted a day fixing the pressure washer yesterday as the pump gave up so had spares from another one so made a good one out of the 2 so i could give the zetec-s and my dads focus a good snow foam today with a drop of chemical guys wash and wheel brightener on the wheels! didnt lay a finger on the cars was all done by jet wash and i now wonder why i have spend all this time giving it elbow grease when i get the same effects from a jet wash with the right products

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

today i got a load of bits together to go to the powder coaters. 21 bits to be precice! should make a nice start to the project! put them all together in a box and went over to take them and they are still closed so guess they dont start again till monday. so got a load of bits sat looking pretty ready to go

DSC03784.jpg

DSC03786.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DSC03795.jpg

DSC03794.jpg

bit more progress but nothing much till the weekend when i can crack on it now im back at work

paint and mask came so i can give the engine bay a fresh lick of paint just need to get some primer and lacquer then will make a start on masking it off and sanding it down

DSC03807.jpg

DSC03808.jpg

paint code q2

next thing i got home today and started to make some room for my latest purchase! me and matty (moonstone_saff) have been spending! we await a few weeks for our purchase as they are customs to obtain standard compression

heres what i got done tonight

DSC03809.jpg

DSC03810.jpg

DSC03811.jpg

DSC03813.jpg

DSC03815.jpg

DSC03816.jpg

DSC03824.jpg

DSC03823.jpg

DSC03825.jpg

DSC03828.jpg

DSC03829.jpg

DSC03831.jpg

DSC03832.jpg

DSC03833.jpg

DSC03835.jpg

DSC03837.jpg

DSC03839.jpg

----------------------also found a few of these which i guess are from when my ball bearing turbo went bang

DSC03817.jpg

more to come soon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

prepped the left side of the engine bay today and masked everything up ready for some new paint! gave it a good rub down to put a key on it then on with the primer! going to leave it over night as its so cold so take ages to dry! may give it another coat before i go to the auto sport show tomorrow! some piccys

DSC03841.jpg

DSC03842.jpg

DSC03843.jpg

DSC03844.jpg

Hi Clairey,

You don't by any chance know Demon Pete from the RS Owners club do you?

He's one of our technicians here and seems to turn up to work in a different Focus RS every other day lol.

Great cars with a real hint of Rarety to them! :)

Hi Clairey,

You don't by any chance know Demon Pete from the RS Owners club do you?

He's one of our technicians here and seems to turn up to work in a different Focus RS every other day lol.

Great cars with a real hint of Rarety to them! :)

i do mate yes! he is a well known and well respected person on our forums! he will know me! usually hang out with him at the shows :D

Edit: oh and its Ben by the way lol! claire is my girl freind she has the arosa! just looking to tart it out for her! allways wanted to mod a DUB :D

Edited by Clairey

i do mate yes! he is a well known and well respected person on our forums! he will know me! usually hang out with him at the shows :D

Edit: oh and its Ben by the way lol! claire is my girl freind she has the arosa! just looking to tart it out for her! allways wanted to mod a DUB :D

Was just about to mention, I've just shown the pictures to Pete (or Gay Pete) as we know him, and he said: That's Young Ben's car. lol.

Give me a buzz if you ever need any Forge parts for the RS and I'll see what I can do to help you out ;)

Was just about to mention, I've just shown the pictures to Pete (or Gay Pete) as we know him, and he said: That's Young Ben's car. lol.

Give me a buzz if you ever need any Forge parts for the RS and I'll see what I can do to help you out ;)

haha Gay Pete! hes known as that on the RSOC i believe also haha ace! thanks for your help Al :D was going to go for a tame turbo so would of said forge actuator but going for the T3/GT30 hybrid on twin scroll so will be wastegate time :D will keep that in mind though

haha Gay Pete! hes known as that on the RSOC i believe also haha ace! thanks for your help Al :D was going to go for a tame turbo so would of said forge actuator but going for the T3/GT30 hybrid on twin scroll so will be wastegate time :D will keep that in mind though

Haha, Even more reason for me to call him Gay Pete!

Ooh, Gaz coilovers... Someone likes it hard...

yes mate! is a car for fun so i want to feel every bump in the road and know im doing the speeds im doing!

solid engine mounts fully polly bushed and nice n low! im only 22 so not looking for refined just yet or i would buy a ST lol

• 6 months later...

That is very nice ben.

Top work!

thankyou! wish i did something smaller now though like yours

look spretty sweet although ive nver quite liked the steering wheels thought theyre quite tacky look slike adodgy steering wheel cover thats on it

its not the best made good old ford lol. its not as bright as that in real life its also a brand new one so not worn in yet :D thankyou for being open though

DSC03730800x600.jpg

can i PLEASE have this number plate???

how much???

sorry not for sale :blush:

Just gone throught the whole build thread.

Nice job!!

thankyou :D

Edited by Clairey