Mobile internettings

Picola

Does anyone connect through a dongle doodah?

Are they cack?

Vodafone do one for £15 a month/ 7mb speed and 3Gb of data. The offers look crap to say they are mainly contract, saying that this looks the best one

Does anyone connect through a dongle doodah?

Are they cack?

Vodafone do one for £15 a month/ 7mb speed and 3Gb of data. The offers look crap to say they are mainly contract, saying that this looks the best one

im with 3 and its sh#te contract is up in to month never agen

baz...

Guest Lauryn

Had one in the house with 3 for ages, sh*te. I also use my mobile phone as a dongle through T Mobile, again, sh*te! Slow and disconnects a lot, just waiting for my mum to let me get some decent broadband or something installed!

Guest Lauryn

I think its overpriced for what it is. The main reason we got it was because I was going to uni, and it would be handy to bring the laptop around with me, but tbh there is wireless in uni, and even places like McDonalds now have wi-fi, so its not really required tbh!

£15 a month for slow, disconnecting internet is not what I call a good deal to be really honest, I'm dying to get broadband installed!

The one my friend had was 3 and it wasnt too bad for just surfing etc. . . but when you see images they seem to be in a lower quality which is abit poo. they are handy but tbh i wouldnt get one with a contract.

Plus you have to think why are they giving away free laptops with em.

Don't bother, we pay something like £4-£6 ontop of sky to have broadband, plenty fast enough, music in seconds, picture heavy threads quick, and it's wireless too so i can be happy on the sofa on my laptop.

Everyones a winner.

:)

The Vodafone ones are okay if you are in a Vodafone 3G area, but to say that they are 7mb speeds, they aint. At best they connect around about 350kbps which is less than half a meg broadband (512kbps). Although saying that it is good when your on the move, but if you're in a 2g area prepare your self for dial up speeds.....

Edited by VinnyGTI

Everyones a winner.

:)

Unless of course you live in rented accommodation, and will have to pay a hefty charge to get a phone line installed, then pay a very hefty BT connection fee, and then enter a contract for a minimum of 12 months when your lease on the property is only six months ;)

used a vodafone for about a year. . . .

connection was fine tbh, half arsed speed, not that much of an issue.

Downloading. . . . . not great, if you go over the limit, they charge you the 15 again.

try and borrow one first just to check the signal and if you get one, keep an eye on the data connections limit.

i'm selling them all 3g, vodafone, t-mobile, orange and frankly saying they all are ****...if you are not in their 3g coverage area then it won't work or it will be very slow....sometimes it's even slow in 3g area...so don't get it if you want to have fast connection or upload pictures coz it's just not fast enough...get eitheir virgin if you are in their cable area you don't even need a phone line or sky broadband..

The amount of people who I've signed up to Sky who have them dongles and hate them is unreal. Seems to be that you can't really get reception anywhere and even when you do they are really slow. There quite expensive as well. Most of them are about £15-20 where as Sky TV, Phone, Line Rental and Broadband are £26.50!

Its all about coverage and your geographic area. Within the M25 and the burbs surounding i have found most places to have fantastic reception and speed on my 3 mobile.

Pages load really fast there is no issue streeming youtube vids and i have download large files with good speed. I was using it as my main conection for a time as i didnt

want to take out a contract to the house but now i am back at my parents i dont really need it. My parents house is a total dead spot anyway the closest mast is way off in the distance

and there are 1000s of trees between us and it.

As with any mobile phones you find random dead spots even in good coverage areas but unless its something like a wacking great hill you can usualy move around and get reception

not ideal on a desktop computer though.

They really cannot be compared to a fixed line though there is just no comparison between our O2 £7:50 a month for totally unlimated data alowance and topping up with £10 that gives

me 1gb for up to a month. At home i get through a gig in about half an hour the mobile broadband just cannot do that. They are good for keeping up with your e-mails and the news

when on the move if you have a netbook but not really good for a fixed line replacement.

As it stands vodafone has the best mobile broadband network of them all in terms of coverage and speed despite what 3 mobile say.

Unless of course you live in rented accommodation, and will have to pay a hefty charge to get a phone line installed, then pay a very hefty BT connection fee, and then enter a contract for a minimum of 12 months when your lease on the property is only six months ;)

Well this is why I need it.

Where Im moving there is no land line as my (soon to be) housemate works for Orange so gets free phone, phone contract and connection. So I'll have a word and see if she can do anything for me.

Im not going to be there for a long time so no point in spending out on gettin her a housephone and net as she wont need it.

Im not fussed on downloads, but just not keen on gettin on a contract. But then I do spend time on the net, like I normally leave it on and wonder off etc!

Wibble!

i have the vodafone dongle as i am out and about for work and tbh i get 2-3mb constantly as long as i'm not in the middle of nowhere. there are actually only a few areas where you can get the advertised 7mb, heathrow being one of those areas.

wouldn't bother with anything other than vodafone.

Edited by Adam K

I've got a contract with O2, i get the phone, 800 texts, 700mins, and free internet, install nokia pc suite, and the mobile is your dongle

You there!

How much is this a month

You there!

How much is this a month

lol @ anyone wanting to actually use any other provider other than vodafone. i have had orange, o2, and vodafone, and have been all over the country with all of them, and vodafone is the only one worth having.

i currently have vodafone and orange, and orange is dire compared to vodafone. the only thing is, vodafone costs more than the others, but u get what u pay for.

Im obviously not an expert like you though Adam

which is why i am passing on my expertise.

just get a vodafone dongle because if you get something else and it's rubbish then i'll just say "i told you so!" :)