STOLEN: 2001 Lupo gti

Dan_F

Haven't posted here in a long time, as I sold my lupo to my sister. She unfortunately had the lupo stolen last night (reg: Y874 HPU), and I thought it might be an idea to post here just incase. She had dropped the car for off for a service and MOT and left the keys at the garage, but someone must have been watching as they took the keys and the car, unfortunately the car had its documents in it too ready for the MOT. The garage it was stolen from was in Shipley, West Yorkshire.

Think it has 90,000 something miles. Silver, with a set of cambridge rear lights. The paint on the boot handle surround had cracked and checked too.

She had a brand new mk5 golf gti stolen from her home not too long ago which is why she bought the lupo off me, she's devestated :( . I really missed driving that lupo what a shame to think what some little sods are doing with it now.

Dan

Edited by Dan_F

lots of luck for finding it! Hope it's ok and whoever's taken it gets mysteriously run over soon after it's found.

give your poor sis a hug.

OMG you never know who to trust? Hope she finds it soon! I'm shore everyone will keep an eye out for her.

Good Luck,

xXx-Amy-xXx

lots of luck for finding it! Hope it's ok and whoever's taken it gets mysteriously run over soon after it's found.

give your poor sis a hug.

Thanks :) Not sure if its just a bunch of idiots taking it for some fun, or something more organised like when they stole the golf.

Tracker is worth it's weight in gold at times like this. I appreciate it's a big outlay at £600+ for lifetime, but we've never lost a vehicle yet and usually recover the contents of the van and catch the scum too as they unload or drive around.

Good luck finding it.

OMG you never know who to trust? Hope she finds it soon! I'm shore everyone will keep an eye out for her.

Good Luck,

xXx-Amy-xXx

Cheers

Tracker is worth it's weight in gold at times like this. I appreciate it's a big outlay at £600+ for lifetime, but we've never lost a vehicle yet and usually recover the contents of the van and catch the scum too as they unload or drive around.

Good luck finding it.

yea definately a smart investment, would be very tempted at looking at one in the future

Thanks for the sticky Mods !

Just been talking to my sister on the phone, cctv shows the keys were taken 7 minutes after the keys were dropped off, but the cctv only captures the person's hand. She thinks it may have todo with the kitchen staff at a restaurant opposite the garage, some of them were watching suspiciously, police are now involved anyway. She's not sure if the log book was in there but she's now told the dvla about it, thanks defcon. Her insurance excess was already crazy after having the golf stolen, these people don't know (or probably care?) how much hassle they cause. Thanks though guys

Bad times :(

It's definitely worth seeing if the garage insurance covers this - The theft was after all their fault for not keeping the keys secure. My MOT place has a cheap combination safe that cost about £30 and would have prevented a situation like this!

Hope this turns out OK!

Cheers for the advice, will tell her to contact the CBA. Turns out it was only a crappy cage thing that was holding the keys (as she dropped them through the door) till the garage staff would have come back the following morning. Still, they should have something more secure to prevent this happening, or i'd imagine they would be liable as you say ?

Ahh, they weren't in? Was she told to drop the keys through the door?

Sorry, yep, simply dropped through the door in an envelope. I think she realised once she'd done it that it wasn't the safest thing to do, and a few minutes later the theives took full advantage of that

i live in keighley, and know quite a lot of lads from the shipley/baildon area so ill ask around, see if they have heard anything.. ill keep a look out for it mate and let you know if i spot it

Edited by `Shack

Dan F, if you PM me the occurence number (starts with 13090) I will have a look at it next week if you want. 'Shack, if you do hear anything, PM me it and I will make sure its acted on, same goes for if anyone sees it/sees parts on ebay etc

i live in keighley, and know quite a lot of lads from the shipley/baildon area so ill ask around, see if they have heard anything.. ill keep a look out for it mate and let you know if i spot it

Thanks alot Shack

Dan F, if you PM me the occurence number (starts with 13090) I will have a look at it next week if you want. 'Shack, if you do hear anything, PM me it and I will make sure its acted on, same goes for if anyone sees it/sees parts on ebay etc

Is this the crime number ? She was still waiting to get it allocated yesterday as there was something 'up' with the system apparently, i'll check to see if she's gotten it today though

Thanks guys