Car and Bike

Putney

Ok got some really **** iphone pics of the new bits....

clutch slave cylinder by MPL german made.... 30% less effort on the lever to pull clutch in....

IMG_0376.jpg

old one can been seen here....

IMG_2168.jpg

Pazzo levers, shorty... two finger operation and easy to adjust distance from bar with the red adjusters

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

New ducati performance slippler clutch... Made by Bucci....

IMG_0373.jpg

Going to change the clutch spring retainers back to polished steal ones instead of black....

Edited by Putney

• 1 month later...

Update....

Manage to buy a complete set of genuine carbon fairings from another 04 749R. Including carbon nose cone and screen.. New from Ducati these would cost £3200 to replace. A guy turned his bike into a track bike and didnt have the space for them. they are in near perfect condition and at £700 for the lot couldn't be missed.... I dont have anywhere to keep them at the moment so the side fairings are in the bedroom... Might mount them on the wall... they are like a peice of art and signed on the back by the maker at the ducati factory...

Iphone pic...

e.jpg

er.jpg

nose-1.jpg

Bc3UQmkKGrHqMH-DsEqvByOk3fBK2iiSTg_.jpg

Anther picture of my bike early last summer lined up against some friends 848's... there are now 4 848 i ride with....

Picture002-1.jpg

Edited by Putney

• 1 month later...

New rears going on the car. Sticking to the awesome protenza's.... down to the wear indicater's on both with nice even wear. fronts a half done. Decided to give event tyres ago. Mobile.

Booked in for a service. cars just ticked over 25000 miles.

Is that 25k on the rear tyres then, not bad if it is.

Let us know how event are, never thought about using them.

I got 10000 miles out the rears :)

They are pretty soft... average is about 12000 I think

• 2 weeks later...

Bike and car out today... Bike wasn't such a great idea as it went into a shallow ditch

IMG_6158-1.jpg

IMG_6175-2.jpg

IMG_6171-1.jpg

IMG_6211.jpg

IMG_6218.jpg

car on the other hand was running great on all four wheels..

car minor service £170

cleaned and waxed today....

IMG_6220.jpg

IMG_6194-2.jpg

Edited by Putney

• 1 month later...

Magnesium headlight bucket finally fitted.... Big job to fit... 3 hours!

headlights3.jpg

headlights2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Bike back from Ducati after some warranty work.

The clocks had cracks in the glass so these were replaced.

Two new tyres (Went for a dual compound Pilot Power 2)

New brembo master cylinder as mine was leaking

New steel plates in the clutch pack. The old plates had wharped making pulling away very difficult.

Bike is booked back in for a service and Samco hose fitment in a couple of weeks.

Car requires another set of rears. The backs were replaced end of December and due to the slippery weather and a heavy right foot are down to the wear indicators.... All that icey weather with lots of wheel slip has chewed the tires in 3 months and 3000 miles....:)

Yep they are not cheap...

The big service on my bike is £710 + VAT and thats not including if the shims need adjusting.... which is another £288 + VAT....

Service is every 6000 on the bike... which is a little better than my old honda... being every 4000.

I think with any high performance vehicle you are going to pay big on servicing... Same with EVO's and scoobys....

A lot of bang for the buck until you service them... :(

• 4 months later...

1 and a half years on the Duke covering 5000 glorious miles, and hours of tinkering and modding the bike. It was all ended by a little old lady. :( The bike has been written off. I ended up with a broken collar bone.

I had just finished the two seater conversion a couple of days before so I could ride two up to Goodwood festival of speed all these parts were destroyed along with my new Carbon Lid.

33403_10150216628050151_723845150_13699171_8274019_n.jpg two seater conversion... back end transplant from a 999 Biposta.

33403_10150216628040151_723845150_13699169_1532901_n.jpg

35203_10150217192335151_723845150_13713600_2700751_n.jpg

photo-8.jpg

photo-1-3.jpg

The dent to the top of the door is from my right shoulder at 30 miles an hour.

Edited by Putney

Gutted for you mate, real shame this has happend especially the money you had put into the bike!

Good news is your alive of course :D

Have you thought about what's next with 2 wheels then?

Get better soon

ah its all good... I am healing up, it is a shame, however like most bikers you can only prepare for the worst. U kind of expect it will happen to be honest... 3 bikes written off now.... :)

Putting the money in the bank.... for the time being. I have been offered £300 less than purchase price which isn't bad considering i have owned the bike 1.5 years and put some miles on her... Its all been great fun and a joy to own. But your luck runs out fairly quickly on bikes!

have tinkered with the idea of upgrading the car to something BMW with an M in the badge. was looking at Z4M & M6.. Then thought better of it...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The S2000 has just reached 37,000 miles. I was starting to fall out of love and get a little bit bored of the rattling hardtop, the twitchy handling on bumpy roads and needing new tyres and brakes all round. For me swapping cars out for something else has always been a big expense so I decided to spend a little bit of time and money on the Honda to see if I could get all the issues sorted and fall back in love.

First off the hardtop has never been rattle free and was the most annoying thing about the car in the winter months. I love the look of the hardtop, the extra warmth and sound installation however as its basically a big bit of alloy and glass clipped to the car it would rattle and squeak over every bump. The guy I purchased the hardtop off a couple of years ago fitted the brackets and roof for me. I decided to give it ago myself as it couldn't get any worse. With the help of a couple of mates, we took the brackets off realigned everything and silicone greased all the rubber seals. Amazing difference... Its like a proper coupe now! And has less rattles than my friends audi tt!!! This took less than an hour. With this success I decided to get all the brakes sorted and some rear tyres on the back. I also put the stock anti roll bar back in as the uprated cusco bar was very firm and although the cornering was better the miss match with the rear on anything but a smooth bump free road added other handling issues.

The car was booked into Wheels in Motion and for £100 did a full geo set up on the car and corrected the previous **** job done by a car tyre place. The car is perfect now... Rattle free and I am back in LOVE with the S2000.

Cleaned

photo-11.jpg

Hardtop refit and some fun in the car park on old tyres

photo2-2.jpg

photo1-4.jpg

Ducati 749R Update....

I have planned some winter work to the bike, there will be some lovely bits going on the bike over the next few months.

It's in the parents lounge so I can work with proper light and warmth over the winter months.... This bike is so clean, I doubt its seen a wet road in its life... With the full engine rebuild last year and only 1100 miles since... Its clean enough to eat your dinner off. FOr a 6 year old bike its amazing.

photo3.jpg

I have picked up some nice little bits off ebay.

MPL clutch slave cylinder... My last one was damaged so couldn't salvage from the wreck.

(Old bike install)IMG_0376.jpg

Carbon water pump cover

photo4.jpg

Edited by Putney

• 2 weeks later...

Parts purchased and Waiting to go on. Had a little ebay spending spree over the last couple of weeks.. I have found some really nice finishing little touches to the bike. I am still waiting for some to turn up... Will crack on next weekend... Currently they are all laid out on a matt with the tools needed.

Bucci Slipper Clutch.

Ducati Performance. Rear Sets.

Ducati Performance. Oil Plug.

Ducati Performance. Ohlins Adjuster.

Ducati Performance. Bar Weights.

Ducati Performance. Frame Plugs.

Magnesium Headlight Bucket.

MPL Clutch Slave Cylinder.

Carbon Water Pump Cover.

Carbon Key Guard.

NCR Fuel Tank Cap.

NCR Tit. Clutch Cover.