Long time no see!

Loopy Lupo

hey guys its been a while - about 12 months probably! hope you are all well. i'm back here because i'm seriously considering chopping the bug in for another Loop GTi - i have a longing to cane another one! however, i can't remember when the Loop is going to be canned by VW in favour of the (IMHO) quite disgusting looking fox! wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> if any of you would mind obliging i would really appreciate it!

cheers, alex mrgreen.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":mrgreen:" border="0" alt="mrgreen.gif" />

p.s has anything changed on 2004 model year cars?

Yay!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Great news! I've heard early 2005 for the 'fox' or Lupo MKII.

Only thing that's changed is that I beleive new loops have side airbags as standard.

Other than that, they're the same good old car!!

:wink: cheers guys! is it really that soon that Loop production stops? scary as i don't know wether i can quite afford to swop yet - unless vw offer me the most amazing of amazing deals! yeh, the beetle is alright but i really miss my GTi. TBH i wish i'd never flogged it! oh well live and learn. still good to be back on here - i find the club concept (new beetle club website) interesting, but it's not the same as club lupo, and not really my cup of tea! more research needed as to what the bug is worth and whether i can get a good deal - i know vw are knocking 1000 squid off the basic price at the mo, but i'd like to spec it up a bit this time which would mean a seriously good deal needing to be done. I'll let you know how i get on. I wonder if as the fox is being introduced the Loop may become even cheaper - although maybe the GTi (being rare) won't get any more knocked off? nice one, i've only been back on here a couple of minutes and i'm rambling to myself already!! :oops: :?

QUOTE(twisty `b-road`)
Hey mate

You know it makes sense

'Nuff said

Hurry up mrgreen.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":mrgreen:" border="0" alt="mrgreen.gif" />

hey si, how's it going mate? come on then, tell me all the cool mods your Loop is now wearing! :wink:

Doubt there'll be any more publicised price cuts, but it's possible that the dealers will start becoming more flexible about what price they'll accept as more people become aware that it's being replaced soon.

Probably won't really happen with the GTI though as stock will be very limited in the first place.

QUOTE(bossjohnc)
QUOTE(Loopy Lupo)
hey si, how's it going mate?  come on then, tell me all the cool mods your Loop is now wearing! :wink:

Hahahaha!

wormcan.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

is this one of those mouth / foot incidents! (gulp!) apologies in advance if that's the case matey!! 8)

if you find a good dealership u will be able to get a decent deal on a new GTI....for me it worked out better to get a new one than a nearly new model cos of the price I got. also think that when it nears the release of the fox / lupo mk2 they will need to clear stock of 'old' gtis so should be some really good deals about

And he comes crawling back ... biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You know its the right thing to do Alex! I'm thinking of buying another one myself if I can afford it! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(MattyB)
And he comes crawling back ... biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You know its the right thing to do Alex! I'm thinking of buying another one myself if I can afford it! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

hey matt, how's it going? i must say you don't seem to have aged all that well since that cold day in northampton! :wink:

did you end up shiftin the Loop and getting an elise in the end then mate?

QUOTE(MattyB)
I did indeed. Had the Elise 12 months now, but need to "downgrade" to buy a house. I want a Lupo, but I'll end up spending lots of money on it!  

http://www.evoposters.net/carsa/album120

very nice matt! i'm really hoping i can get one too!

QUOTE(Loopy Lupo)
[i must say you don't seem to have aged all that well since that cold day in northampton! :wink:

Just don't mention that your going to buy a bl.... erm very dark coloured one laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Red Lup Gti)
What beetle you got then son???

a gorgeous platinum grey TDi, running on 18" porsche turbo replicas, lexus style rear lights, porsche "turbo" badge, nokia hands free kit, momo ally gear knob, and :oops: a vw stitched flower in the vase! i do love it - it's just i'm a bit bored of it - something i never said when i had my Loop!

QUOTE(Loopy Lupo)
QUOTE(Blue Loop)
go for red

oh and welcome back! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

cheers blue! red is certainly near the top of my list of fave colours!

Yes! Red is the way forward biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'd say welcome back but I didn't know you prior to your sellage, so I'll just say Hello instead smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />