Xdwardo's Lupo

Xdwardo

Recently purchased my Lupo from a small dealer near Nottingham B) Was well impressed when I went to view! Drives smooth, the interior is spotless, and the bodywork is in excellent condition for her age. There's a couple of scuffs here and there, but I intend to treat those with either some t-cut, or the local bodyshop down the road to get her looking good.

One of the side protectors on the DS is starting to lift slightly, which is also rubbing on the bodywork so they'll be coming off methinks!..

Other 'near-future' mods i've got in mind include some lowering via coilovers. I'm yet to decide which ones at present, but bearing in mind i'll only being driving for the odd trip around town.. a budget set could do...

Maybe some new alloys. The current ones are faaar too big and i'm going to need to do some serious arch work to keep them on).. :rolleyes: But no... new alloys for sure :D Have no decided which ones yet, but polished rims do appeal so we'll see what comes about..

Edited by Xdwardo

enjoyed the new motor. polished wheels seem like a good idea until u get some lol

It's like a "love hate" thing yeah? :rolleyes: Have ou got Lenso's on yours Scoob?

never use t-cut on modern cars, messes up the lacquer im led to believe

Thanks for the heads up :)

it is illegal to not slam a 1L, it needs to bounce of the tarmac occasionally!

looks very nice mate. i have some philj coilovers on mine and they are fine! at only £200 as well you can't really go wrong!

Thanks mate biggrin.gif Yeah i'm seriously considering PM'ing Philj about a set.. does he have an email address I can reach him on?

Also found this useful site

http://www.timing-belt-failure-insurance.co.uk

Timing Belt Warranty

Timing Belt Change Intervals

Edited by Xdwardo

his jackson tuning address is the best way to get hold of him. cant member the whole thing. u can find it on club polo though.

his jackson tuning address is the best way to get hold of him. cant member the whole thing. u can find it on club polo though.

Cheers Scoob.. i've updated the "coilover sticky" with current up to date PhilJ prices and contact info. Going to email him this week methinks.

dont get them of phil j there is a guy on here selling them for 170 delivered a good old 30 quid cheaper than philj for the same bits of kit

The same bits yeah?

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy folks!.. Just a recent update on my Lupo.. After some long hours and hard cash, I've achieved the following bits of work:

1) Full service

2) New discs & pads

3) New cambelt & waterpump

4) Passenger side resprayed removing dents and scratches. Have noticed a bit of hologramming and milky-ness appearing in the paintwork, so will be taking it back on friday to re-finish.

5) Fitted AP Coilovers

6) Rear headrests reduced in height!

Edited by Xdwardo

not really low enough though is it? :P

good work

I know i know :P I'm waiting for the wheels to come along.. when they, i'll have a real good reason to scrape it a bit ;)

Edited by Xdwardo

• 10 months later...

After a year without action, i'm finally getting round to invest in the Lupo =) I had a bit of a prang in it last year, so saving up to fix that, plus saving up for the wedding which is due in 8 weeks has meant I've had to leave the Lupo alone... until now =)

This weekend i've done a full polish with SRP, Waxed with Meguiars Step 3 wax, dropped the rear ride height a little, and de-wipered at the back =)

Took a few pics with my iPhone!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

looks really clean that mate!

when you lowering it :coffee::shades:

Hmm well I do have collies on it... :blush: I'll wind it down a little more next weekend methinks :D