Altern8's Tdi 1.4 * updated again `27-02`-05 -bbs rm/low/paint

Altern8

Hey all

Well ive gone and done it i bought myself a lupo tdi ive never had a reliable car so i thought it was about time to get my self one so here it is IMG_2290.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

IMG_2294.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Link to the rest of the pics here

http://www.veedub.eclipse.co.uk/cars/lupo/index.html

updated `27-02`-05

updated 23-10-05

updated 30-07-06

Edited by Altern8

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

i used fK coilovers the rear is as low as it will go but i want lower sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> i had the kit quite cheap £400 biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

worth it thou biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Looking good there biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I like the colour smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yeah sweet mate, makes such a difference to the ride as well!

Word of warning after I dropped my Sport to the floor tho - check the front ABS sensor wires aren't near the tire sidewall. May have just been funny routing on my front left, but it did a bit of damage and can be easily taken care of with some black tape to pull them clear.

QUOTE(Fyggy)
Looking good there biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I like the colour smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Totally agree, Jazz Blue is really 'jazzy' tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I think I'll just fit a set of lowering springs... and full set of ARBs and front strts brace - I think I'll get better handling than coilovers can ofer for less money (just hypotesizing here so do not breake all hell over my head smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> )

Springs, bushes and a brace will tighten things up nicely, but if you keep the standard shocks they won't be at their best due to the drop in ride height.

Damping makes a big difference to how it feels once things start bouncing around, and matched springs and shock kits offer good value instead of just springs.

Looks great! Don't think i'm going as low as you on the front, mine have left the kitchen floor by the way and are now in the garage!! :roll: :wink:

I like the colour too :wink: laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> What wheels are you putting on?

QUOTE(willh)
Springs, bushes and a brace will tighten things up nicely, but if you keep the standard shocks they won't be at their best due to the drop in ride height.

Damping makes a big difference to how it feels once things start bouncing around, and matched springs and shock kits offer good value instead of just springs.

I suppose that's why the best ones (Eibach imho) will only lower you by 30mm smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I agree, one should go for matched springs and shocks set to get the best out of it. I personally do not give a to$$ about how low my car is going to be as long as it handles properly.

I seem to remeber sb saying that some peeps who bought top class coilovers didn't drop their cars almost at all for the sake of the best handling possible...

For me slamming the crap out of it is not quite alluring prospect smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I want ride!

I'd go for collies any minute but with added ARBs and at least one brace .... simply cannot justiy it financially sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

QUOTE(adam cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />
Just a quickie, How come in IMG_2321.jpg + IMG_2323.jpg the car is sooo much lower? arnt there any springs in there or some thing?

there was no suppension on at that time twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

QUOTE(Altern8)
QUOTE(aberdeen_dj)
I take it that you added the red D yourself?

that was on there already dont they all have the same ones smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Nope, standard ones just have a red i to my knowledge

• 3 months later...

heres the latest pics its changed a bit since you last seen it IMG_2524.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_2525.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_2526.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_2527.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_2528.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

and theres more on the link above biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

no rubbing at all i had the front arches rolled the backs rubbed for the 1st time yestoday with 4 in the car and a boot full going on a bump tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

are the indicator bulbs the same as normal indicator ones smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

still aint sorted the camber ross its too low for the usall place i goto ive already scrubbed out 2 tyres too tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

gota lower the back more i think biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

when I managed to find someone to touch my car, and he did the camber, he said that after doing it, that if I need to do it again, to do it myself as the correct camber, is when you pul back on the top of the brake disc as far as it will go.