*** My Arosa TDI ***

Steve TDI

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Chris and Adam.

I wasn't looking for that "lowered" look. I just wanted to get rid of the body roll. I have used Eibach springs before and I thought they were really good. They lowered the car about 30mm.

Plans...

Car mats (should be here next week).

Wheels referbed.

New rear dampers.

Windscreen has a few stone chips. Either get them filled or a new windscreen. Then buy Aero wipers and arms. I don't like the "big box" where the aftermarket fits to the standard arms. So i'm going to try and find some that are the same size or a little bigger.

Sound dead all over the car.

I've seen a nice gear knob and handbrake cover at the dealers. £50 for the knob and £59 for the handbrake cover.

Then over time "maybe" a double din TV headunit and some good speakers. Leather or half leather seats???

Then just drive it and service it.

There were a few scratch's all over the car but this clay bar and polish seam to have got rid of most of them. There are a few marks on the edge of the drivers door where it's cought a wall. It's been touched up but over time i'll end up getting that sorted.

• 4 weeks later...

They are just under a fiver each. Go onto ebay and type silver indicator bulbs. You need the offset pins for the ones at the front (581 i think) and the ones on the wings are the 501 push fit ones.

• 2 weeks later...

A little update. Last weekend I gave the car a good wash. Got it looking spanking again.

DSC02253.jpg

DSC02255.jpg

Reflection shot.......

DSC02256.jpg

Then on Sunday I had a 200 mile round trip to Durham to pick up a petrol lawn mower and the car looked like this....... (killed an ecosystem)

DSC02278.jpg

DSC02277.jpg

The tyres that were on it are now a little illegal as they are bold so I have fitted the wheel that were on the rear of my Corsa......

DSC02286.jpg

DSC02288.jpg

Woops......

DSC02290.jpg

The fronts are now at the shop that referbs them. As soon as I get some new tyres i'll be taking them in and dropping off the rears. If your thinking to yourself why don't I just stick 4 of the same on.... well....... they were on the front of the Corsa and they are now bold :lol:

Enjoy :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

There has been a grinding noise for a while now. I think I may have solved it..........

DSC02365.jpg

DSC02370.jpg

DSC02362.jpg

So now i've upgreaded them to these......

DSC02367.jpg

DSC02368.jpg

DSC02353.jpg

The Pads were £42. I got the discs from GSF in Sheffield

DSC02363.jpg

Now got 2 wheels back from the referb shop and now wearing Toyo T1R's with 195x50x15 profile. I'm after a smooth ride. I never look to see what my speedo says.

DSC02371.jpg

Edited by Steve TDI

That's not true, they don't need to be heated up to work well. When I fitted these I drove to the end of the road (50m) and was impressed with them. When you do get them warmed up then they really are impressive.

Don't go for greenstuff pads. They are terrible. I have tried them before.

For the way I drive these pads are needed.

Please please don't get greenstuff pads. I've used them before. My journey to work was 12 miles of A roads and most of them were 60mph with tight corners. The brakes were terrible untill I got to the roundabout right outside where I worked then they were good..... but then I had arrived and turned the engine off. So, pointless.

If you really want, go for Mintex or Ferodo pads then.

Oh and is that a 200bhp car that weighs 500kgs or 2000kgs? It's only a very rough guide.

Go for some Red Stuff then. Most of the placed on the net charge £50 for a set. If you want i'll try and get a price for a set where I got them from posted.

My mate has a CL500 and last weekend we fitted some Mintex to that. He also seams to like them too.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my wheels all refurbed and with some brand new Toyo T1R's 195x50x15 profile so it's more of a softer ride as i'm clocking a lot of miles.

DSC02462.jpg

DSC02463.jpg

3 Months and 7000 miles ago...............

DSC01914.jpg

Cheers Talby. Don't worry about money, you can't take it with you so spend it now and enjoy it :D

Now i've just fitted my Cruise Control and damn it looks good!

Now I need to find someone / buy a cable and pinch a mates lap top / convince the garage where I used to work (if his diagnostic program can do that) / bribe someone a Seat/VW to turn it on.

Any takers?

The Airbag light is now on as I had to drive the car with it off as I was in a rush to get to work. Can you turn it off via VAG COM?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I did it all myself. It's not hard to do. Just the little connectors to plug into the ECU that needed to be soldered, they took a little time to get them right.

All in cost £92.63 (£30 to get it turned on).