*** My Arosa TDI ***

Steve TDI

Roll Road results!!!!!!!

I went all the way over to Awesome to get it done. It was a RR day with SCN that I went with.

DSC02536.jpg

DSC02537.jpg

DSC02539.jpg

and the result........

scan0001.jpg

Edited by Steve TDI

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramy (the previous owner) had it fitted. It's more of a generic map installed into the ecu. So calling it a chip isn't really correct as you can't open the ecu and add a chip.

I've almost done 9k in the car in 4 months with no problems. Ramy had it fitted for a long time with no problems.

• 2 months later...

Cheers Casper & NFBR. I've just paid for a BMC CDA to help air get in a little easier. I do know that it's not a straight forward fit but where is the fun if it was???

That link to view the Video doesn't work. Is it my PC or does it not work on anyone elses?

How much was the door strap? Was it hard to fit? My passenger door does it terribly its embarresing :(

I know what you mean mate. You don't even want to open the door and when you do you look down and feel ashamed!

It's £15 from Seat. It's easy to fit.

Here is a "how to" link that I followed. I took my time and copper slipped it up and it only took 5 mins.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=34802

Just bought some new rubber top mounts for the rear springs. They were a little pricey though........ almost 6 whole pounds!!!! Oh, that's for BOTH :lol::D

They should be here soon so'll i'll find out if that stops the banging once and for all!!!!!! If they do i'll add them to the "parts number" thread.

:cheers:

So that's where your more BHP is then. You've changed your exhaust and filter. Mine is standard.... for now. I've just bought a BMC CDA that I hope to be picking up tomorrow night. Then the fun begins trying to fit it. That's after the MOT next week though.

Might have been the speedy fast 0-60 times of less than 6 secs :unsure:

It does just seamed to have rusted away. For a new one it's £80 or to get a cat-back one made up is about £265 so i'm going for that. Atleast i'll know it's going to last me a long long time.

Oh, I had to drag it on the floor for about a mile :lol: There were sparks coming out the back of the car :lol::D

I've added the little straight bit so it now exits the rear of the car. Only cost me £10. He used an old piece of exhaust that was cut off another car which has 2 pipes going to one. He held it up so that i'd have two exits...... I said that he wouln't dare put that on..... It's a shame the spare wheel well was in the way otherwise he'd have done it. :lol:

I asked he said to me that you'd need a backbox to get it through an MOT (his garage also does MOT's). I said that the place I take it to just said as long as it exits the rear and is not very loud then it's ok for him. It just goes to show that what one garage can pass something and another won't.

It does have a nice burble to it. I'll record a shot vid of it for you.

• 1 month later...

Well, it passed it's MOT. I've taken some more pics of the exhaust and a vid but never loaded them up.... so here they are......

Image275.jpg

He was going to fit it the other way but it didn't fit!!! :(

Image274.jpg

How it looks now.....

Image285.jpg

th_ExhaustVid.jpg

Slammed...?

Image552.jpg

Or full up?

Image558.jpg

The cars I had for 1 week....

Image351.jpg

Image352.jpg

The Grande Punto was my sisters (now sold) and the Range Rover is my mates. He went on holiday for a week so I had his car and fitted 2 screens (dvd headunit and roof mounted 10") DAB tuner and satnav. All Alpine!!! They all work as I fitted them :D