*** My Arosa TDI ***

Steve TDI

Just bought some new rubber top mounts for the rear springs. They were a little pricey though........ almost 6 whole pounds!!!! Oh, that's for BOTH :lol::D

They should be here soon so'll i'll find out if that stops the banging once and for all!!!!!! If they do i'll add them to the "parts number" thread.

:cheers:

did fitting these new top mounts on the rear springs sort out that banging sound? because mine does the same thing

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just reading up on the Caddy forum the other day, and they said the the turbo acts as a silencer, and you can have a straight through system and it'll still be quiet. So that's what I was planning on doing when the 1.9TD goes in...

Although I've just remembered Al's straight through system on his TDI. :wacko:

When my DTI Astra had turbo problems I would leave the engine ticking over without the downpipe on. It was louder but not as loud as an N/A car without a mani on.

In the car under load, you can hear a little burble but only if you know what you're listening for.

The video was taken on my phone so it doesn't really pass the sound on.

My Astra also had a cat-back exhaust fitted. It was a 2.0 so sounded good for a derv with a little bruble.

This is the only good pic I can find of the exhaust...

DSC00014.jpg

The car......

P4290034.jpg

Just bought 2 new tyres. After 5 months and 10k they are needed on the fronts. I have already swapped them round to make these last longer. It was a really rainy night last night and I was spinning up and had a little understeer moment so instead of using these till they are done (wires sticking out) i've decided to buy some early for once!

Toyo T1R's 195x50x15 if anyone is wondering.

Mileage so far is almost 17k in almost 9 month (77k total).

:cheers:

• 8 months later...