*** My Arosa TDI ***

Steve TDI

Here's some pics of my Arosa before I set off cleaning it. Yeah this is car number 3 :D

All the pics that i'll take are going to be in here...... http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z172/St...rosa/?start=all

DSC01914.jpg

DSC01919.jpg

Arosa TDI in the plate :D

DSC01922.jpg

DSC01923.jpg

DSC01926.jpg

DSC01916.jpg

I've not got too many plans for the car but I am wanting to get the wheels refurbished. This is the worse one ^^^ Not bad for wheels over 5 years old TBH.

Flat wiper blades all round. Done rear so far

Paint the Drums and Calipers black. now just going to buy new ones

Arosa car mats. Done

Eibach springs. Done

Find out what this banging noise is. If it's rear dampers or just something loose at the back. Done but need to copper slip the springs and top mounts again.

Strip it all out and fit sound dead EVERYWHERE!!! Even the roof!!!

Edited by Steve TDI

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i've had it a week and done just over 600 miles which has worked out to be about £45 worth of fuel!!! I'm loving these MPG's.

I've got some Eibach springs coming soon. When they are fitted i'll check out some new rear dampers. Fingers crossed that'll sort out that banging noise at the back.

"The remap was done by angel tuning" although I think it was a chip. It never went on the rollers. Ramy had it done when he had they car. I would like to get it on the rollers to see what it is putting out.

I've not had a really good look at the rears but i'm sure i'll be able to see what I need when i'm changing the springs. I'll just get it all new.

I've not got too many plans for the car but I am wanting to get the wheels refurbished. This is the worse one ^^^ Not bad for wheels over 5 years old TBH.

:lol: they were originally off of one of the guys on here from sunderlands car , then i bought them about late 2006 had them fully refurbished and powder coated and bought brand new centre caps on them . they then had brand new tyres put on them mid '07 hence when they were on my car they looked brand spanking new , and as rammy admited he had clipped one of the spokes after i kept them in good nick :lol:

It's good to know about the history for the wheels. They are a bit stained with the brake dust. I'm going to remove them on sunday and give them a really good clean front and back.

I'll get some pics up with some before and after.

I always wanted to Clean the paint properly with a clay bar, but i didnt fully understand how the whole claying process worked and didnt want to ruin the paintwork! How long did it take you? Looking nice and shiny like it should do, iv gotta say im glad the car went to somone whos taking this much care with it! Nice work Steve!

Cheers Ramy.

Well, how long did it take??? Hmmm...

3 and a half hours to do the bonnet on Saturday. That's Clay Bar and then 2 coats of Mer polish.

5 hours to do the roof, boot and rear bumper. Same again, Clay Bar and then 2 coats of Mer polish.

Next i've got to do that strip from the door mirrors to the rear quarters, either side. Then the doors, wings then the front bumper. Then it's time for all the little bits like where the rubbers on the doors and boot touch the body work.

So I should be done for Xmas :lol:

When you come down again and come over to look at your car i'll have a chair ready to catch you ;)

They were £60 from Timbo. They are Fantastic! A lot less body roll now. It's lowered it a little on the back but more on the front. I think it looks great now.

Oh, i've copper slipped the top mounts for the rear springs and it's got rid of that banging noise. Lets see how long that'll last.

Here are some pics.......

DSC02015.jpg

Camber!!!!

DSC02016.jpg

DSC02021.jpg

DSC02022.jpg

DSC02024.jpg

How it was (i've not got one off the curb :()

DSC01914.jpg

Edited by Steve TDI

Now got a flat style wiper arm and blade for a good price of £20 from an Ebay shop. I picked it up as I was close.

DSC02051.jpg

I'll get some fitted shots tomorrow.

I don't think i'm going to get some for the front just yet. There are some big stone chips in the windscreen so it might be getting replaced. As soon as it does, new ones will be fitted straight away.

Car mats arriving later on this week :D

It was close to £20 just for the arm from VW. It was the GTI polo one as it's a little shorter (so he said). Then the blade was another £12 or there abouts. I was just stunned by the £66 EACH front arms. So whatever he said after that was a blur.

Here it's fitted. Took all of 30 secs to do :lol: It looks a lot better now.

DSC02052.jpg

DSC02053.jpg

Cheers Simpo. The arms are looking a little worn so that's why I am looking at replacing them as well. I've got to get the stone chips looked at 1st as I don't want to mess up some nice new blades.

The heater control bulb never worked. So today I set about changing it. Damn it was easy!!! Just pull out the middle one and there the bulb is. Needle nose pliers to pull the bulb out. Don't grip it too hard or you will brake the bulb. Use the pliers to put the new bulb back in.

DSC02108.jpg

DSC02109.jpg

Thats very nice Steve, cant believe how stupid i was passing on buying those exact wheels, they look so good. Never mind, its gone now! :(

Those wheels should have a flat/dull finish from new, however i think they look better in the refurbed finish yours have.

Your TDi looks very tidy, nice to have the black interior too, something i never liked about mine, luckily my my remaining arosa does have it. Maybe some sport wheels for that are needed :lol:

Looks better lowered too, and thats not something i usually say!

Looks great as it is in my opinion, but have you anything else planned for it?

Chris.