How to drive a front wheel drive car.

simpo

:lol: Left foot braking is an arse, the first time you do it your guaranteed to send yourself practically through the front window. Its not something I feel confident enough with to use on the road, but looks good fun on the track.

Yeah just make a concious effort to remember its the brake and not the clutch and you shouldn't end up headbutting the windscreen!

I'm surprised in all of that he never mentioned heel-toe techniques at all, I know its not a technique that applies specifically to front wheel drive but it will certainly gain you a bit of time if you're driving on the track.

I tend to heel-toe during normal driving too though... does anyone else find themself doing this?

Edited by treblet

I use heel and toeing a-lot makes it a-lot smoother especially if you coming down from 8K :P.

Didn't do it when I had my lupo as the fly by wire messed things up, and the pedals weren't greatly spaced.

Oh yeah, I forgot its impossible in fly-by-wire throttled Lupo's because of that silly safety feature that wont let you accelerate and brake at the same time!

I don't find the pedals too badly spaced for my feet but it possibly comes down to the way I heel-toe.

It was a good vid that. When I got my Corsa on the track, that' the sort of stuff i'm going to learn.

I tend to heel-toe during normal driving too though... does anyone else find themself doing this?

I always do it in my Corsa. It just sounds soo good and I always get looks from everyone. It's best when you go past a pub when their all outside :D

left foot braking is easy.... 3 years of automatic driving.... i do it with out thinking in the passat. i know your not meant to but it makes boring london driving more interesting... I go karting a lot too which helps... a better skill i think is blipping the throttle and rev matching...