Black Lupo problem

Hi,

Im pretty new to club lupo, maybe this question has already been answered, sorry if it has.

I have a black VW Lupo Sport 16v, and its covered in surface scratches, ive tried a few things but with no success, does anyone have any ideas on good products or methods to get rid of these?

Whats the best cleaning items to get it as black as possible?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Chris

Hi James

Cheers for the reply.

There not too bad from distance, but when u get close u can deffo see them, specialy in the sun.

They are just surface ones really and on black car they look worse :(

Breaks the heart :(

I just bought a Megs machine polisher and have been pleasantly surprised with the results. Although my cars silver paint does not show up defects too badly there were a few and they have been greatly improved with machine polishing.

Where did you get that from mate? And at what price?

The deal was, i buy a camera and my mate buys a machine polisher but he's yet to buy one! :P

I got it from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk they are very good with rapid delivery also worryingly addictive, the garage is slowly filling up with all kinds of polishes shampoo's, I think the one I got was about £150 you can get complete kits for around £200 as you need to buy different heads for them. I tried to get away with a cheaper one but I can not recommend it they don't work as well and after a couple of uses it fell apart!

If you look at Casper GTI's Readers Ride Thread you can see what he has achieved (page 2 or 3 I think) with a black car I was amazed!

Edited by JB1.0e

• 2 weeks later...

You can buy a machine polisher, also known as a buffer to remove the scratches, but you need to know how to use it or you can burn through the paint and make a total hash of it. You can buy various compounding and polishing heads along with varying compound pastes and polishes. You really need to know what you're doing though. Seek professional advice if you're gonna have a go. There are special heads and compound paste for Metallic finishes, and different pastes for both older and newer paints. I have a Sealey machine which you can pick up on promotion for under £100. Polishing heads are £5-£10 each. It's a heavy machine so you need to have fairly good upper body strength. You need to keep the machine moving constantly and "take the weight" rather than letting the buffing head dig in. Farecla do a very good range of products, available from good quality motor factors. Wash the area to be polished before working on it to remove any grit, and keep the panel wet while working with the buffer.My cas never go through an automated car wash, and the buffer is often kept busy polishing them. I've got a pearl black metallic Passat, Brilliant black A3, a Jazz Blue Lupo, and a white Caddy (colour name escapes me) I can honestly claim to "look after" them.

A lot of valeting companies or smart repairers will be able to machine polish the car for you. Saves you the hassle and price of buyin one and everything needed and as long as you use a company with a good reputation, they will probably give a better finish than you could manage yourself.

I use black colour magic polish on mine - quick fix but obv short term lol - bye bye swirls (for a while anyway) :lol: last time someone attempted to machine polish my car they messed it up and im left with horrible sweeping buffer trail marks all over my car now!

• 2 weeks later...

Try Autoglym Super Resing polish mate. It is midly abrasive but has fillers so any swirls and minor scratches will be filled in and will make it a whole lot better.

It'll only cost you £10 from Halfords as well so well worth a shot mate. A lot of people rate it on Detailing World. :)