Are Euro style plates legal?

savavoom

Hey,

I tried a quick forum search but couldn't find anything ...

I'm wanting some Euro plates for my lupo when I get finally get it. I see a few guys on here have them but I just wondered if they were legal or not?

Obviously I'd want them on it all the time as they look better but I've read that it's illegal to have them on UK vehicles on public roads - so how do you get around that?

Or do you just go all out with an electronic plate switcher gizmo when the fuzz are around? :)

Any ideas?

Cheers

dubmeister do some legal ones, they dont look half as good as the "euro" ones but are better than the standard ones imo,

im running them and there ok,

http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/

Rich,

Cheers for the replies guys - i'll get over there and have a look.

ta much

These legal pressed plates are advertised on Dubmeister, but when you go into it, they provide you with a list of suppliers who make them for you.

You will need to present your documents to get them.

They're legal if you go to their dealer and provide your documents. Any plates ordered online aren't legal. (Unless they accept documents by post?...)

Looking at the ad they seem to list acceptable identification. This doesn't necessarily mean they're legit, but it would seem to suggest it.

These legal pressed plates are advertised on Dubmeister, but when you go into it, they provide you with a list of suppliers who make them for you.

You will need to present your documents to get them.

you can buy them direct online with dubmeister but you have to send all your documents through the post etc, (which i didnt want to do)

so we got mine from a supplier in london when my dad was passing, and had to show all the documents etc :)

Rich,

Any Police Officer with a drop of common sense will not fine you for plates without the garage they were made on, providing they conform to the rest of the regulations. Unless, you're a complete cock towards whoever stops you, then you deserve the punishment you get to be honest!