***The Official Premier League thread***

Adam

Right guys (and girls) the Premier League season is well underway now and I think its about time we had some sort of place where fellow football fans can discuss goals, predictions, incidents etc etc.

So i'll get the ball rolling;

Who is going to win the league?

Who is going to get relegated?

Best new signing?

Best goal so far?

I'll look forward to this discussion picking up!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry Redknapp has been a revelation for Spurs! I can't believe how well your lot has done since he became manager, the 4-2 drubbing of Liverpool midweek was probably the icing on the cake for you (or maybe 4-4 with Arsenal??) especially after making 7 changes to the starting lineup. Is it all down to the manager and his tactics though? Or did the players just not enjoy playing under Ramos?

I too think Man Utd will win the league this season, but it will be very tight and a part of me thinks that Chelsea might just pip it. Chelsea are playing some very attractive football at the moment too, proper football, nice one-twos etc and they look so comfortable with the ball, they just had a bit of a set back against Burnley though :wacko:

Edited by Adam

I hear what your saying boys, however imo for united to win the championship they neeed to pull their finger out. They need a minimum of 7 points from the remaining 3 league games this month, bearing in mind we're away to Aston Villa and Man city. However, we should beat Stoke at home on sat i reckon.

I reckon we'll win every game in dec, but the tottenham away could be a bit sticky. Sort that out and we're back on track.

Just my tuppence like :D

United have been in the same position at this time of year for the last couple of seasons though, which suggests they just become greater as the season progresses. However Chelsea do look incredibly strong and i think it could come down to the results between those two when they play each other as to who the champions will be.

I don't want to completely right Arsenal and Liverpool off but while they won't be far behind i can't see them winning the league, i would love it, just love it if one of them did though.

Sod the scousers and the gooners :P Certain players for untied need to start performing. Specially the 30mil donkey Berbatov!! He needs to start scoring in the matches that actually matter, and as for Renaldo - stop thinking about about spain coz it aint happening :P We're missing Schosley :(

Cant beat a bit of Ginger Ninja Action B)

Berbatov is easily one of my favourite players, he is a magician!!! While he hasn't scored Clairey, he has set up some goals for your other players, but i would love to see him start scoring too.

I reckon West Brom and Fulham will go down, but i'm not sure who will take that 3rd relegation spot, i think its going to be tight, i just hope Newcastle don't end up in it!

David Bentlley's goal was an absolute peach and for me is goal of the season so far and it will be hard to top it.

p.s Cheers for pinning the thread. :)

Edited by Adam

Berbatov is easily one of my favourite players, he is a magician!!! While he hasn't scored Clairey, he has set up some goals for your other players, but i would love to see him start scoring too.

Aye, the man is clever with his feet, but its no good setting our other boys up for it - We're the team that scores goals and i completely agree the sooner he starts doing it for himself the better :)

did you see the arsenal kids playing wigan off the field the other night, some big things to come from arsenal in the next few years!!!

They were top class! Whilshere, Ramsay and Vela look like very bright prospects in the next few years, im' pleased there are some British players coming through at Arsenal aswell. Vela's 3rd goal was outstanding, it was great the way Kirkland just stood still, as he knew he had been done, he didn't even turn around to see if was going to go in.

did you see the arsenal kids playing wigan off the field the other night, some big things to come from arsenal in the next few years!!!

People have been sayin this for the last 3 seasons ( AT LEAST) yes they have a good squad but they are doin didly squat. they just run out of puff nearing the end of the season.

L'pool (cant stand em) i will probebly hang myself if they win the league. but in all seriousness they are doin great and probebly do have a chance.

Chelsea. Always seem to scrape results and play bloody borin football in most of their games.

Man u. The team i support, they have had abit of a slow start but they always do, and im sure they can pull it off.

As for tottenham. Redknap is awesum! hopfully he will sort em out and they can challenge for top half next season.

Best game of the season has to be arsenal and tottenham (one of the best games ever)

Chelsea. Always seem to scrape results and play bloody borin football in most of their games.

Last season and the season before, yes, but i think this season under Scolari they have been top notch and if anybody has watched more than the one game featuring them, they will see this.

Don't care too much as I'm a Watford fan but here goes:

Who is going to win the league? - Man Utd

Who is going to get relegated? - West Brom, Newcastle, Stoke

Best new signing? - Amr Zaki

Best goal so far? - Geovanni vs. Arsenal

Don't care too much as I'm a Watford fan but here goes:

Who is going to get relegated? - West Brom, Newcastle, Stoke

Newcastle? :o i cant see that happenin. i also think they have 1 of the best fan basis in europe

Oh well, it turns out the Roy Keane rumour was just that, a rumour....damn! I wanted to gloat to all the mackems at work :lol:

As for Newcastle going down, i bloody hope not, i'm slightly biased but i think we have too many good players for us to go down (please don't remind me of Leeds). There are 3 worse teams in the EPL than us and i'm just hoping thats the way the league will look come the end of the season, plus where would the EPL be without Newcastle?? No more drama thats for sure! :lol:

And yes, we do have one of the greatest fan bases in Europe, we have everything to be huge really, just not the silverware which is the most important ingriedient, which is disappointing :(

Edited by Adam

C'mon the Arsenal!! We will win the league

Amr Zaki is clearly the best find of the season so far, to say that Berbatov is, well, Zaki on loan 8 goals, Berbatov 30 mil, 4 goals (or something)

Finally we've got a good football thread going, the Euros one in the summer was good, as should this one!